Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2008 5:52:32 PM EDT
Looking to upgrade the front sight on my 500. Currently just has the bead sight. I'm not looking for anything that needs gunsmithing.

I'd like to adsd a rear sight too if I can find something inexpensive.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:09:08 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have a rib barrel I could suggest a good one.

Any sight that mounts on the receiver is going to run about $100 or more. A receiver sight requires that you mount a front sight also.

You could get a cheap red dot sight.

GC    
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:25:51 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have the non rib 20" 500 with a 7 round mag tube, then your kind of screwed as far as using irons.  Almost all front sights for that model need to be brazed on.  Whether it be the Mossberg ghost ring set up, or something like the LPA sights.  I've tried numurous adhesives and they just don't last long shooting slugs.

I ended up buying a rail for the reciever and getting a mini red dot from Tactical Night Vision Company.  Very happy with that set up.

If your 500 has a short mag tube then check out LPA sights.  Nice set up and the front sight is a band clamp style.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:24:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Reciever rail with a Burris Fire Site is about the best value currently availble.
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 5:54:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got this heatshield with ghost ring sights, very easy to use, I have moss 500 7 rnd tube also wanted some type of sights. Trying to keep the shield from walking forward after firing 20 shots, if I can solve that eaisly then I will be very satisfied with it.www.combathunting.com/MOSSBERG-DELUXE_SHOTGUN_HEATSHIELD_WITH_GHOST_RING_SIGHTS.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top