Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2008 7:01:02 PM EDT
first off this product is a great idea IMO.  the quaility is top notch but...

i have the leo mount and i cant get far enough down for my bead sight.  i dont want to put something taller on there since i prefer the factory bead on the 870 i put this on.

anyone else having this problem?  i was hoping for a similar cheek weld to the factory stock.

i absolutely love this piece except for using the front bead...and being comfortable with my sights is the most important thing to me here.

Link Posted: 5/21/2008 5:40:19 AM EDT
[#1]
With the Low tube and the LEO some people cannot get a normal sight picture. I am one of those people who like you felt I couldn't get all the way down to where I needed to be.
What I ended up doing was installing a set of Trijicon ghost rings on the shotgun. I know this is not what you want to do but it was the only thing that worked for me.
I have a friend who is very proficient with a shotgun and her recently purchased a LEO stock set off us and still uses his bead and does pretty dang good with it. when we were out at the range the first time we took it out he commented on it and started shooting. My guess is he holds off the target just a little different,
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 8:56:34 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the reply.

i wish i would have known this prior.  i actually had some wilson combat ghost rings i bought and then decided i wanted to leave just the bead sight.  i sold the ghost rings NIB.

i can get down enough to use the bead but i have to fight it and it takes too much time to get on target.  i also use this shotgun for skeet shooting so the extra time needed is out of the question.

ive had the mesa tactical adapter on there awhile and taken the 870 out numerous times just to keep trying it because it is such a well made piece.  i am trying to make myself love it and just can get to that point.

i am so hesitant to sell this piece but i need the right sight picture.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 7:19:20 PM EDT
[#4]
sorry, didnt come back to the post to see this.

but looking at that it still looks like it would be too low to get down on quickly.

either way, doesnt look like it would solve the issue i am having.
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 11:50:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the Mesa stock tube adaptor was made for using Ghost ring and other raised sights.

Unless you have a higher cheek bone (like me) then using the bead may be unpossible, unfortunatly.

I dont have one of these FYI.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 5:23:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I would look at a set of ghost rings again maybe they will fit the bill.

I dont believe the XS sights would cure the problem though.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:24:01 PM EDT
[#7]
havent been back here in awhile.

im actually gonna try a speedfeed stock to see how i like that.  im hoping someone wants to switch from the speedfeed to mesa tactical adapter so i listed it up for trade.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:19:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I had the same problem with the Mesa Low tube stock adapter. It didn't  work well with either bead sight or with receiver mounted GRS. The recoil was brutal also so I sold it.  I now have a Arms Tech stock adapter that has enough stock drop for both and I am very pleased. Recoil with it is the same as a regular stock.

The Mesa low tube stock adapter is well made and looks nice but it doesn't work it is not a good product.  

GC
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:29:27 PM EDT
[#9]
hmmm,  i like the idea of the product so maybe i will check the arms tech adapter.

i would be curious to see the products side by side.

ETA:  just checked the product.  i think i may try that adapter.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:50:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Here is the Arms Tech on one of my many shotguns. I reinforce the inside with a large washer that I took down the diameter. The large washer gives good metal to metal contact with the screw and lock washer. I used a larger washer in the pistol grip also.

The CAA stock saddle gives a good cheek weld. The Tapco SAW grips has enough storage to fit two rounds. I have a SOG Viking rubber pad on the stock which is excellent quality for the money.  The shotgun is a Norinco 982 with GRS. The AT adapter has held up well with no problems after about 1000 rounds. It is tough and well made.

GC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top