Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2007 6:13:49 PM EDT
Title says it all.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:32:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a choate 10 rd. extension on my 1200 and it has always served me well.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 5:49:51 AM EDT
[#2]
are they aluminum or steel?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:22:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
are they aluminum or steel?

they are steel
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 12:43:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like the Winchester factory extended magazine because of the clean, solid tube verses the usual screwed on two or three shot adaptor. It just makes sense that a solid all of the way mag tube will be better, you get rid of a potential problem area, the spot where the extended mag screws on, and it just looks a lot better. I very much prefer the Remington 870 shotgun and would like to see a factory correct solid length magazine tube for an 18" barrel shotgun. Also, I would bet that it would be awesome if the Remington 870 had the same type of "gas pump assist" (I forget what it is officially called) that the Winchester 1300 has. I really like that gas assist, if basically racks the shotgun right after your shot.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 5:00:39 PM EDT
[#5]
How hard is a tube swap.  I see lots of parts on Gunbroker.  They sell defenders minus the receiver.  Is it possible to stick the defender tube on my receiver, then just put the 18 barrel on.  I guess I could always buy a parts gun.  I plan to keep my 1300 for a while it gets a ton of hunting use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top