Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2007 8:16:49 AM EDT
Waiting anxiously for 7 months, I received a key part of my Remington 870 Project; my One Shot Tactical Supply (OSTS) 870/AR15 stock adapter.  I just want to thank the guys over at One Shot Tactical Supply in Canada for resurrecting the old Argonaut Armament 870/AR15 (Brobee) stock adapter.  This 870 project was supposed to be a simple and practical Home Defense (HD) shotgun, but quickly turned into a Pimp My Shotgun Project, LOL.

The picture of the 870/AR15 adapter is  from One Shot Tactical Supply’s website.

My pimped out 870

The 870 RAS (Rail Adapter System) is from Knights Armament Company (KAC) which is long enough for back up iron sights (BUIS) from Yankee Hill Machining (YHM) and the EOtech, without looking too crowded in my opinion.  The front sight is specially designed to mount on the same plane as the rear sight.  The rear adjustable sight flips down when not needed and its large aperture sight works fine when co-witnessing with the EOtech, but I would prefer to have the EOtech reticle to be slightly higher.  I did have a small problem mounting the RAS on to the 870’s receiver.  I had to open up one of the holes on the RAS to make it work.  Supposedly it’s a common problem that 870 RAS owners have had to work with, sad you have to make modifications after paying so much….

The stock and buffer tube are from Rock River Arms (RRA).  I had to figure out a way to mount shell holders onto the stock, so I ordered a shell holder by Shotforce (ATI Stocks).  I drilled two holes onto the right side of the stock and put two brass inserts for the shell holder to be screwed into.  While making the order, I got a Shotforce “M4” recoil pad as I like the feel of it on another shotgun

To round out the project, a PIMPED out shotgun would not be complete without a light source.  So, I ordered up a Surefire 918 forend flashlight.

I know its over the top with all the accessories, but you gotta do a fun build once in a while....
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:15:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe in the "just for fun build", as long as you are willing to call it at face value and not argue a justification for why you put uber cool PEQ2 "beamz" on your SuperSoaker. Seeing as you recognize that, I give you credit for building a really cool looking 870. How much does that beast weigh in at?

ETA: 12 pounds, righteous!
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:23:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I believe in the "just for fun build", as long as you are willing to call it at face value and not argue a justification for why you put uber cool PEQ2 "beamz" on your SuperSoaker. Seeing as you recognize that, I give you credit for building a really cool looking 870. How much does that beast weigh in at?

He's in Cali....  so there's not much he can have...
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:28:53 AM EDT
[#3]
That is a SWEET 870!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:40:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Havn't had a chance to weight it (and I suck at estimating), but I'd have to say its in the realm of 12+ pounds.

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:48:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice sight radius
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:00:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Nice sight radius

Sheesh!  

Your pistol has a sight radius that's only half of this.  Would you say the same thing about your pistol?  Then again, they are the BUIS, not the main sight.  On the other end of the spectrum, some think iron sights on a shot gun are superfluous.  

How do you reconcile your comment with these observations?

Joel1316, nice shotgun.  I have one just like it except mine has a Magpul M93B buttstock and a sling.  heh heh  
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:23:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Nice sight radius

I concur.  If you need an answer as to why such a short sight radius on a long gun is goofy then you there's not much I can tell you.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:23:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nice sight radius

I concur.  If you need an answer as to why such a short sight radius on a long gun is goofy then you there's not much I can tell you.

Please enlighten me.  Please explain why the exaulted Trigicon ACOG NSN comes with a BUIS whose sight radius is about that of a snub-nosed revolver.  

Guys, anything is better than nothing.  If you don't understand that, "there's not much I can tell you."  

These shotguns may be "pimped out" but they surely are cool and easier to shoot than they were originally.  I use mine mostly for slugs.  

I have a TROY folding front sight on mine.  Once folded down, it is fairly sleek.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:46:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:31:57 PM EDT
[#10]
noone must have a 12 pound baby to carry huh
looks like one of my own 870s...
and i have 3
the weight also takes a little bit of the recoil too as i have shot the much lighter non police 870s and they seem to hurt a bit more
sight the eotech like i did
50 yards with slugs and the 65moa circle covers eveything closer
i posted a while back a 50 yard group within 4 inches 4 all touching and one flyer
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:39:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I built an 870 like that, purely for laughs, for giggles and laughs and it is GREAT for the skeet field, all those guys look at you funny when you pull out a gun like that and start breaking clays and get decent scores like 20/25.  I get shit all the time for it, but it is a toy, and its my toy and your toy, you do what you want with it.  

I do have one suggestion of you want a better sight radius, and thats the one shot tactical supply full length rail.  I don't have iron sights on it yet, but they are in the works

Awesome 870 though, sometimes it is just fun to go all out on a gun, and the Remington 870 is perfect for that.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:41:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks guys!
Some of you guys are too hard to please......
I did state the obvious of it being overboard and being a fun build.  Cut me some slack and admit its cool looking shotgun

Now to just get it out and get it sighted, I'm curious how much of that weight will offset some recoil.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:18:01 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's in Cali....  so there's not much he can have...

Like f'rinstance?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:12:52 PM EDT
[#14]
yes  both them guns are sweet looking pimp guns.
As for 12lbs i think its more like 10 i have a few guns set up at the shop and my 14" gun is 9.5lbs
Boy these pimping shotguns sure are getting around fast, must be some crazy guy selling that stuff
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 10:09:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Is that one of those new "stealth" barrel  on that top one.  Man,  that's a great cammo job!

I gotta get one of the breaching attachements.  That is wicked!  Where'd you get that.

Who makes the full-length rail?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 7:27:26 AM EDT
[#16]
OSTS makes a full length rail!

There are a lot of pimped out shotguns out there, just to shy to come out and show off their guns... LOL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top