Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2007 5:21:58 PM EDT
does anyone else have a problem ejecting spent rounds of the winchester super speed(white box). i have to slam the butt to get it to eject. can anyone give me a quick fix
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:02:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Need more info. What type of gun are you using? If it is a single shot or o/u it is possible that your firing pin is sticking in the primer and not retracting until you hit the butt of the gun on the ground causing the firing pin to retract. If possible give your firing pin a thorough cleaning.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:48:32 PM EDT
[#2]
its a 870 express magnum
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:15:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like your chamber needs cleaned.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:36:36 PM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:
Sounds like your chamber needs cleaned.

exactly, also some shells that don't have the brass plated steel head seem to cause difficult extraction. Try some different shells, especially federals, they dont stick in any of my  shotguns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top