Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2006 8:23:06 PM EDT
I'm looking to get an inexpensive auto that shoots 2 3/4 and 3" , with interchangable chokes. I've noticed the stogers at the local shop and liked the price. but I wondered if its a "you get what you pay for it deal" . this will mostly be used for shooting clays in the field and some small game hunting .

I won't put this gun into SHTF use as I've got an 870 and 590 for that. I just like autos for doubles and fast rising birds.

if these really suck , got any recomendations for a better one in the $370-500 price range?
Link Posted: 10/10/2006 8:41:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/10/2006 9:02:40 PM EDT
[#2]
i have one and my buddy has one too, we were looking for a good all around hunting gun for duck, turkey, etc. it has been satisfactory for me - but you can definitally tell that it isn't a super black eagle II. mine has been reliable, my buddies has problems every now and then. my one main complaint is that when you look straight down the top of the rib and aim at something, the actual point of impact is 4-5 inches lower, so you have to look down on the rail a bit... its wierd but i got used to it. i wish that i had just saved a couple extra bucks and got a browning gold. oh yeah it definitally has more felt recoil than other gas guns.
Link Posted: 10/15/2006 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Buddy has had two (bought within a month or so of one another)

BOTH sheared off the bolt handle in less than 100 rounds.  On the first, the mfr was unwilling to replace the gun - repaired instead.  When the repaired one broke, it was replaced by the selling shop with a second firearm (not by the factory).

That one broke in the same fashion (so that is actually 3 breakages/2 guns)

These were standard loads firing at clays (not bumping around in the field or anything).

While the breakage is a concern, the unwillingness of the mfr to make it right was the big problem.

I would seek out other options.
Link Posted: 10/15/2006 7:54:48 PM EDT
[#4]
If you dont mind a lil cleaning go to a gun show and get a 1100... I have 2 and their a great gun, only problem is if you use 1 oz. loads and its dirty it MAY not kick em.. but if your using heavy loads youll prob have 0 problems

Quoted:
i my one main complaint is that when you look straight down the top of the rib and aim at something, the actual point of impact is 4-5 inches lower, so you have to look down on the rail a bit...

Do you mean you have to cover the target with the barrel or its even lower then that?

My 1100 is Cover the clay (I trapshoot) and you will break it... I got Really fast at doubles with my 1100 one day because Id cover the first bird and JUST under the 2nd bird cuz it was falling.. won 9 bucks that time haha..
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:51:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I have to call bullshit on the other posts.  I have one (M2000) for hunting for 2 years.  Its more reliable then my buddies 1100. Hunting in -10 degree for duck and geese and 2 (yes,2) 1100's jammed and would ice up.  My stoeger kept firing away with out any hiccups.  
Its true that its recoil is more then other autos but i have over 4000 rnds through it without any problems.

Maybe i just got the only one that works, but i turned all my hunting buddies to them, and they work just as well as mine.

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:55:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm a Benelli dealer and i must say that the M2000 does have a few problems but, that said in that price range i would take it over other designs.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:38:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I just got back from visiting my uncle and he has a few friends with them , they like them and I'm pretty sure he's going to get one.

I'm still not sure on what I want. my brother  has a winchester semi that only cycles with 1 1/8 oz loads ,and I've got a friend with a rem1100 that works pretty good .and I do love the benneli SBE but thats a little pricy right now .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top