Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2006 11:56:38 AM EDT
I know there made by the same company but why is the mossberg $100 dollars more Ive owned a mossberg before but I havent even handled a maverick. they look relatively the same.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 1:14:45 PM EDT
[#1]
The Maverick is Mossberg's SUPER-budget gun.

It has the safety on the trigger guard and a few other changes to make it cheaper.

I believe it's still assembled in Eagle Pass Texas, from parts made in Mexico.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 5:39:36 PM EDT
[#2]
so its not as durable or pretty much the same?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#3]
The action bars are attached directly to the forend so if you want a non factory forend you are out of luck. The safety is on the trigger guard instead of the top of the receiver (which I prefer). If you want the factory configuration the Maverick is fine. If you want to modify it then go with the Mossberg.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:12:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I never got inside one, since they came out after I retired.

My gut feel, based on what owners have told me is, the Maverick isn't as strong or durable as even the Mossberg Model 500.

There seems to be a problem with the action bar assembly breaking, due to weak welds and flimsy construction.

Remember, the Maverick is an absolute rock-bottom, cheap as it's possible to get gun for those people who aren't willing to spend even the low price of the Model 500.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top