Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2006 3:54:59 PM EDT
I was thinking of buying one since I got money. Well any ways Will it be worth more then what I buy it at anytime soon? (260$)
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:09:01 PM EDT
[#1]
No.
As soon as you handle it or fire it the value will nosedive.

Winchester has made hundreds of thousands of the Model 1300 since it was introduced in 1978, and they aren't going to be rare or collectible for a LONG time.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:21:18 PM EDT
[#2]
It's an excellent shotgun that's had to live in the shadow of the 870.  In other words it's underrated in my opinion.  I don't think you will regret owning a 1300.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:00:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It's an excellent shotgun that's had to live in the shadow of the 870.  In other words it's underrated in my opinion.  I don't think you will regret owning a 1300.

I agree on both points. The only really bad thing about the 1300 is that the supply of spare barrels has pretty much vanished.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:40:51 PM EDT
[#4]
The Winchester 1300 Defender is an excellent shotgun. It has an extremely fast/smooth action, which is why they call it "speed pump". It uses Stoner syle locking lugs, which I also really like. It also offers increased capacity for its length compared to both Remington and Mossberg as its an 8 shot, as opposed to a 7 or 6 shot respectively. I also really like the factory Hiviz front sight, though its not very durable....certainly sufficient for HD duty. I recently just bought a Winchester 1200 Stainless Marine, and I absolutely love it. I prefer the 870, but also own Mossbergs and now a Winchester. The Winchester is every big as good as both the Mossberg and Remington, if not better in some respects. The biggest advantages about the 1300 is its "speed pump" and its

reduced weight, compared to the 870. All of the accessories for the Mossberg and Remington are availible for the Winchester, for the most part anyway....I recently added a Speedfeed III magazine stock/forend and Side-Saddle. I don't really like how the Side-Saddle mounts as there is only one trigger pin, but I am getting used to it. Its a solid mount and it won't cause any problems.
There have been so many of these made, I don't see them being a collectors item. If you look at Gunbroker, the Stainless Police/Marine versions are selling in the 500.00+ range. I was offered 700.00 for mine, without the Speedfeed and Side-Saddle....but its too cool to sell. Its probably the hardest looking shotgun this side of the SPAS 12. The 1300 Defender is every bit as reliable and effective as the 500/590 or 870. They all have thier pros/cons, but they are all good guns. Police agenices continue to use the 1300 Defender and have used the 1200 for years. The 1200 was a very popular PD weapon and was used by the military for years. The 1300 is an improved version of the 1200 and even better. I would have no problems using a 1300 as my primary defensive weapon. The only negative thing about the Winchester 1300 Defender is the inability to mount a single point sling. Other than that, they are superb weapons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top