Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 3:49:11 PM EDT
Just picked up a Railed Handguard from Wilson for my 870 SBS.  Had to modify it a little but it now works perfectly.  It will take any vert grip or light made for a picatinny rail.  I got it because I wanted to make sure my hand doesn't slip in front of the short barrel and thought a vert grip was the ticket.  I use this shotty for 3-Gun Matches.  The short barrel points really fast and with short Aguila rounds I get an 8 round capacity.  The Aguila's are strong enough to knock down the steel plates at 80 meters.

MadDog

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:07:42 PM EDT
[#1]
sweet looking gun, I've been looking at the side sddles form messa for a while now, how do you like the 4 on the right side? nice gun.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:49:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Sexxxxxxy!

Nice build, can you tell us how it all came to be?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:54:02 PM EDT
[#3]
yes do the sidesaddles feel like they get in the way
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:55:15 PM EDT
[#4]
you can get aguilas to cycle without flipping?
hmmmmmmmmm
what do you know taht i dont
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:23:06 PM EDT
[#5]
nice rig.  i like the reflex on there.  i'm not use to the 2 side saddle thing.  how do you like it?  I'm gonna get a mesa tactical rail/side saddle soon, wondering if i should spring for the right hand side one as well
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:07:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Just picked up a Railed Handguard from Wilson for my 870 SBS.  Had to modify it a little but it now works perfectly.  

What did you have to modify?

Where can these be found and for how much?  ...I like the concept but the surefire M69 price is too steep for my liking.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:17:49 AM EDT
[#7]
How did you mount up the reciol pad to the stock? I have been thinking about doing something like that with my Mesa setup.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:06:04 AM EDT
[#8]
The three rail forearm came from Wilson Combat and cost me $80.  They make them in house and the unit is machined from billet aluminum.  It is just a tube with three rails milled into it but for some reason they call it a "quad rail" in their catalog.  There is a small tab on the end that faces the receiver.  I had to take a dremel to it and dish the top just a little because the space between the barrel and mag tube is very tight.  Took a few minutes to fix and the area I worked on is hidden by the barrel.  

The right and left side saddle do not get in the way and are a necessity for my needs.  I use this shotty for 3-gun matchase and we are reuired to carry ALL of our ammo for ALL three guns.  Even though the shotgun is the only weapon staged (pistol, & rifle are carried through all stages) you still need to carry the ammo for it.  I carry 24 rounds of bird shot for the close steel targets but we always finish with four to eight 10" steel knock down plates that are set out at 50 meters or larger poppers set out at 80 meters.  Slugs are required for the 50 & 80 meter plates and I find it much more convenient to have them ON my shotty.  The side saddle on the right offsets some of the weight on the left and it feels more balanced.

MadDog
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:01:46 AM EDT
[#9]
what i did for my bushmaster 6 position stock
i got pn 10001 from limbsaver which was the closest almost perfect fit
sanded the back of it and removed the bumps on the buttstock by sanding it
then used plasticweld to glue it all together
it lists a 3500psi shear strength so i doubt its going anywhere
try it out

Quoted:
How did you mount up the reciol pad to the stock? I have been thinking about doing something like that with my Mesa setup.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:17:49 PM EDT
[#10]
How much does that little bastard weigh when you've got it all loaded up?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:01:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top