Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2006 8:04:41 PM EDT
I just bought a new 590A1 #51662 and it will not function.  The cartridge interrupter moves up and down normally when I rack the slide but will not release the shell from the magazine.  I disassembled everything and cleaned out all the cosmoline with CLP but the problem remains.  

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  It must be fairly rare or we would be reading about soldiers and police officers dying with empty chambers and loaded magazines.  

I sure loved the price of the 590A1, but I'm very disappointed by the lack of quality in the Mexican parts.  Why should I need to do gunsmithing on a brand new shotgun just to get it to function.?  

John

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:32:31 PM EDT
[#1]
The arms seems to be too long by a few thousanths.  A gunsmith is either going to replace the part of file the existing one down slightly to make it fit.   my .02.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:15:28 AM EDT
[#2]
My next door neighbor has this problem with his A1, which has a chip in it because of the too-long length. He called Mossberg, and they told him to send it to them for repair, free of charge.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top