Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2006 5:25:20 PM EDT
Looking for some hi vizability mag followers for my 590A1 and maybe even my 500 (12ga)  any sources I should check out?

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Not trying to Hijack......

But, why bother?

Shoot 2 load two...shoot 3 load three....

I think there may be a better thing to spend money on.

JMO
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:40:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Not trying to Hijack......

But, why bother?

Shoot 2 load two...shoot 3 load three....

I think there may be a better thing to spend money on.

JMO

ok, outside of ammo, what do you recommend?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:01:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Choate plastic

Brownell's aluminum

My Rem 870 & Mossberg wear the Choate followers...at $5 they're cheap insurance.  Couldn't quite justify spending the $20 for the Brownell's fancy anodized aluminum, pretty as they are.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:20:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Red or orange gloss enamel covered with clear coat or clear nail polish when dry.  
Or use some "high viz" orange spray paint meant for marking metal.  

Im too cheap to spend the 1.50$  WAY too cheap to spend 5$ on something I can paint.

I put paper tape arround the outside surface that makes contact with the mag tube.  This keeps the painted surface from binding or making contact with moving parts.

I like to be able to look in to verify the gun is unloaded.  It is a good saftey addition and helps noobs operate my shotty, teaches them to VISUALY and keneticly inspect for rounds before presuming safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top