Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2006 3:53:09 PM EDT
Hey guys.  My brother has an FN Police Shotgun that's bolt will not lock forward.  It was brand new when he got it.  I mean it goes into battery but does not lock, one can just pull the pump arm back with littel presure and unload the gun.   Is this normal?  At first I thought this was just how this shotgun is but I was checking out some 1300 pumps at a gun store and they all locked up real firm, no amount of pulling would unlock them unless the release was pushed.  So what is up?    
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:13:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Unfortunately, it means "Back to the factory".

It's a new gun, so trying to fix it yourself or letting a local gunsmith work on it will probably void the warranty.
In any event, he paid good money for a good gun..... Make them fix it.
As it is right now, it isn't working OR safe.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:43:47 PM EDT
[#2]
BTT

Anyone else, who owns this gun?  Please speak up.  

So it really is made to lock up?  I thought his gun was strange.  It can just unload it's self without using the release button.    

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:04:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I own one.  It takes a good amount of force to lock the slide in place, without shells in the gun.  When fired, I found this isn't a problem.  As long as there is one round in the magazine, the slide locks forward more easily.  As soon as the last round is stripped from the mag it becomes a little harder to lock.

Taking the gun apart and cleaning/lubing it helps as well.

Keep in mind that the way the FN system works is that pressure from the fired shell actually drives the slide rearward.  It is the fastest pump I have ever fired.  It hurts too .

I mounted a rail on it today, and placed a Tacpoint on it.  This puts it in a bit better position for firing, and hopefully won't be as awkward to fire for me.
I plan on putting a Knoxx Spec Ops stock on it as soon as fundage allows.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:38:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I had the same thing happen with one I purchased from CDNN a few months ago.  I bought two guns at the same time, and the other one worked correctly, so rest assured the problem you describe is in fact a problem.

I took the gun apart, and it looked like the action lock lever was binding on the shell lifter.  I applied a small amount of lateral tension to the action lock lever, and this seemed to fix the problem.

All the same, send your gun back to FN.  Call 1-800-322-4626 for more info.

JOE
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:36:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Ya thanks for letting me know.  I will tell my bro.  Thanks for the phone number too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top