Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 2:16:37 PM EDT
I have an M2 which comes with a 2 round extension (5 round mag) and wanted to upgrade to the 4 round extension which Benelli no longer imports.  The factory original aluminum 4 shell tubes got for $200-300 bucks on ebay!

I saw that TacStar makes them for the Benelli M1/M2 now and they are only $47 also on ebay.  Are these any good or should I spend the $$$ and get a factory made one?  Am I missing something, its just a tube and a spring why do they cost so much?

JMN69
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:21:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I might be worng but I don't think there are any factory M2 four shot tubes for sale here. You can find plenty of four shot tubes for the M1.

I have no idea why these things are going for $200 to 300 on ebay. It is a tube and a sping. I bought one at the gun shop last month for $50 and a used one (missing the barrel clamp) for $20.

They are getting hard to find, but you can find them cheap if you look around. The big chain stores like Cabela's, Gander Mountain etc have sold out of these tubes a long time ago. So now these factory tubes are rare, but they are not worth 300 bucks IMO.

As for your M2 why not give the TacStar a try, it is only $47 and will make you gun a lot more fun to shoot.

Chris
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:51:01 AM EDT
[#2]
there getting hard to find because Benelli is not selling tube extensions to civilians anymore as they were dinged by the ATF for doing so.....I asked at shot show if they will be working it out anytime soon and resume sales....answer was NOPE  what ever is out there is it...so if you have factory 2 shot extensions and 4 shot extensions for your benelli shot guns  HOLD ONTO THEM as they will be worth a pretty penny, and you guys can see how much the prices have gone up......and honestly I wouldnt trust anything but Benelli parts on my shotgun
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:25:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Its my understanding that the M1 and M2 use the same extension tubes.
It seems that the Tacstar may be worth a try, for 1/4th the cost of a factory 4 shot tube.  Seems that it would be hard to mess up a hollow tube and a spring.  There just doesn't seem to be anything to mess up with a mere extension tube.

It also seems like the Tacstar tubes for Remington and Winchester guns work flawlessly from what I have heard.

JMN69
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:04:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Another source for Benelli mag tube extensions is Speed Shooters Supply. They have other accessories as well.

Using aftermarket poducts on a Benelli (or any other shotgun for that matter) isn't that big of a deal. Besides, if an accessory is not available from Benelli (and Benelli has very few), you pretty much have to go to a 3rd party.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top