Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 11:01:04 PM EDT
Does anyone have a picture of a Winchester Defender fitted with a Side Saddle, Speedfeed stock or other "tactical" accessorires? Does the Side Saddle attach securly with just one point of attachment? I just bought a brand new, mint condition Winchester 1200 stainless Marine for 225.00, which I really love. I am looking for some ideas on how to equip my shotgun, and was hoping to see what you have done to yours. In all probability, I am going to attach a Side Saddle, Speedfeed I magazine stock and Speedfeed forend. I have been looking for a single point attachment plate, but I haven't found one. I am guessing this is because of the obscure "v" shape of the receiver, so I will probably end up with a three point. I have always liked the Defenders, just never got around to buying one before. I don't like really like the ejector design, but I am getting used to it. Disassembly/assembly was complicated and time consuming at first, but I got it now.
Given the price, reliability of the Defender, why aren't they more popular? I am just curious to why you don't see more of these in public/private service.....
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:55:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't have a pic but I can tell you that my side saddle is held in place on my 1300 defender with a threaded bolt that repalces the take down pin. Pretty secure mount and works well as long as the bolt is not too tight so as to bind up the action.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:32:19 AM EDT
[#2]
here is my winchester 1300. right now it has a choate pistol grip stock but i hope to soon replace it with a knoxx specops stock.
click on picture for larger view

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:40:42 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
here is my winchester 1300. right now it has a choate pistol grip stock but i hope to soon replace it with a knoxx specops stock.
www.porta-tools.com/ks/guns/Win1300sm.jpg         www.porta-tools.com/ks/guns/Win1300sm2.jpg

I also had the same choate pistol grip stock on my 1300 defender but had to replace it with a standard Hogue stock as the choate stock was bending and flexing too much under slug recoil. It actually bent the bolt that holds the stock to the receiver. Has yours held up well to full strength slug use?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:34:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.porta-tools.com/ks/guns/Win1300sm.jpg</a>         www.porta-tools.com/ks/guns/Win1300sm2.jpg</a>

I also had the same choate pistol grip stock on my 1300 defender but had to replace it with a standard Hogue stock as the choate stock was bending and flexing too much under slug recoil. It actually bent the bolt that holds the stock to the receiver. Has yours held up well to full strength slug use?

[wood]knock knock[wood]  so far so good. i have had mine since early 90's. i have fired 3" mag oo and sabot rounds no probs. hell i knocked the crap out of a guy one night with the butt. i hit him so hard with it. he had the choate stamp on his forehead for about hour and a half. only reason i am looking to change is my bad back.  

you could read every letter on his head *L*
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Does the Side Saddle attach securly with just one point of attachment?
The Tac-Star side-saddle mounts securely enough, as long as you don't beat the piss out of the gun. There's a sheet metal "lip" that fits in between the back plate & the nylon plate with the shell loops, and is held in place by the 2 bottom front screws that holds the two plates together. This lip fits into the loading opening on the bottom of the gun (it's very thin, so it doesn't interfere). This keeps the side-saddle from tilting upward, pivoting on it's single screw attachment; what keeps it from tilting downward is an extension of the metal back plate that curves up and over the top of the receiver slightly. All in all, it's about as secure as you're probably gonna get, considering the gun's design.

Note to self: When I alter/customize/replace parts, etc...take pics for future illustrative use...moron!

Me-><-Me
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:04:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

The Tac-Star side-saddle mounts securely enough, as long as you don't beat the piss out of the gun. There's a sheet metal "lip" that fits in between the back plate & the nylon plate with the shell loops, and is held in place by the 2 bottom front screws that holds the two plates together. This lip fits into the loading opening on the bottom of the gun (it's very thin, so it doesn't interfere). This keeps the side-saddle from tilting upward, pivoting on it's single screw attachment; what keeps it from tilting downward is an extension of the metal back plate that curves up and over the top of the receiver slightly. All in all, it's about as secure as you're probably gonna get, considering the gun's design.

Note to self: When I alter/customize/replace parts, etc...take pics for future illustrative use...moron!

Me-><-Me

click on for larger picture

the red arrows point to holding points, bolt and clips. i have never had a problem with the sidesaddle. that said someone around here has a very how to make your own velcro sidesaddle.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:25:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me-><-Me

click on for larger picture
www.porta-tools.com/ks/guns/win1300_side_saddle_la_sm.jpg

www.porta-tools.com/ks/guns/win1300_side_saddle_ra_sm.jpg

www.porta-tools.com/ks/guns/win1300_side-saddle_ba_sm.jpg

www.porta-tools.com/ks/guns/win1300_side-saddle_ta_sm.jpg

the red arrows point to holding points, bolt and clips. i have never had a problem with the sidesaddle. that said someone around here has a very how to make your own velcro sidesaddle.

this is the one that I have as well.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:08:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for takin' up my slack!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top