Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2006 4:05:02 PM EDT
I got a pistol grip for my Mossburg pump the other day, and it seems hard to aim and seems like the second shot would be a bitch to get back on target. I'm thinking about putting my old stock back on, What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:18:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Best of both worlds, control of pistol grip with an M4 collaspable stock.

They make it for your mossberg too,  SST-590 by Cavalry Arms

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Pistol grip with full stock is awesome. Pistol grip alone (no shoulder stock) is a useless gimmick. Here is my 3-gun shotgun:

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:26:38 PM EDT
[#3]
A standard stock or pistol griped full stock ("tactical") is much better for controlling the gun than a pistol grip alone. The only use for a pistol grip is if you absolutely have to have a shorter gun (ie, for hiding or manueverability).
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:50:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the responses so far, I already put the factory stock back on the gun, With the 18" Barell, it's short enough, has anyone noticed the stock on the Mossburg is a little long? I was thinking about trying to shave a little length off, but I'm scared I'll cause permanant damage to it, Has anyone ever shortened their synthetic stock? How hard is it?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:07:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the Speedfeed tactical short stock on mine (13" length of pull, factory is 14"). Fits me better. Shortening a synthetic stock can be tricky depending on where the pad screw pillars are.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:35:40 PM EDT
[#6]
+1 for a Pistol Grip with a full length stock.  It's the best of both worlds.  Here is the setup I use for 3-Gun Tac Matches.  It's an 870 shortened to 14" and a vert grip that I added.  With the Aquila shorty 12 ga slugs I get the normal seven + one capacity.

MadDog

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:11:57 AM EDT
[#7]
My buddy has the Mossberg 500 Persuader.

12G with 6pos collapsible stock and pistol grip.  One of the most comfortable firearms I've ever held.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:42:28 PM EDT
[#8]
My primary defensive shotguns use Speed Feed III and IV's. I do have 18 inch shotguns which wear only a pistol grip, which has its advantages. It makes a great auxillery weapon, especially when you adapt a handgun shoulder rig as a sling. With a weapons catch, its easy to maintain mobility and quick enough to deploy. I also have the pack mounted "holster" which attaches to your pack, or you can wear it alone. Its much like a "quiver" for arrows, and its very effective. With a sling, its possible to aim in a manner similar to a full stock, though shot to shot recovery is poor. With practice and a modified assault stance, you can be fairly effective. Shooting full power buck/slugs with only a pistol grip is brutality, but it certainly has a place.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I use a Mossberg Cruiser. It seems like it is the one shotty that is always with me. I can hit targets at 35 yards with it, shooting from the hip. I run heavy 3" magnums through it, but I'm a big guy (6' / 375 lbs) so it doesn't bother me.

The pistol gripped shotty is fucking awsome!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top