Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2006 4:45:10 PM EDT
I've seen lots written about how one has to be careful when using a SureFire forend in conjunction with Knoxx CopStocks and SpecOps stocks, since the rearward movement can cause the forend's lamp assembly to smack into your fingers.

Anyone know whether this is specific to those two models, or is this something that happens with all Knoxx stocks?

Just wondering because I'm considering putting a Compstock on the 590A1 I have ordered, and was thinking about using a forend-mounted light.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:04:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the set-up you are looking towards, and I guess it depends on how far back you mount the light. I have mine mounted so that the button is just even with the end of the forearm when it is in the forward position. This way I can activate the light with the knuckle of my weak hand index finger. I think the the Surefire has in isuue because it is further back on the forearm than this (about a 1/3 of the way) I have never had any issues.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have the set-up you are looking towards, and I guess it depends on how far back you mount the light. I have mine mounted so that the button is just even with the end of the forearm when it is in the forward position. This way I can activate the light with the knuckle of my weak hand index finger. I think the the Surefire has in isuue because it is further back on the forearm than this (about a 1/3 of the way) I have never had any issues.

Basically, thinkat, my plan is this:

1. Replace the factory forend with a SureFire M70 Picatinny rail forend.

2. Mount my M-3X on the right-hand rail, using a short pressure switch (handgun model) and securing the switch in one of the Magpul rail covers designed to accommodate a switch. The light would be mounted as far forward on the forend as possible.

3. Use standard Magpul covers on the bottom and left rails so as not to chew up my hand.

The desired end result is a setup like the SureFire dedicated forend, but with the light mounted on the right-hand side instead of on the bottom of the forend. That way I don't have to go to the trouble of having my bayonet lug ground off.

I know I'll probably never use the lug, but it sure looks cool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top