Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 5:27:49 AM EDT
Does anyone know of a vert grip for the forestock made for a Benelli? I pulled the forearm, drilled, mounted rail - only to find out I didn't have clearance between the nut plate and the mag tube and the forearm is too thin to recess the nut plate into it.

Thoughts?

TIA
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:56:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I just did the same thing to my Remington 870 because I have cut the bbl down to 14" and want to make sure my hand is nowhere near the muzzle.   I have a little more room between the forearm and mag tube but I still have to use a very thin washer and thin nut as well and then cut the screw off at the nut.  I couldn't use the nut plate that came with the short rail.  Try different fastening hardware that can be purchased at Loes or HD.

Hope this helps,
MadDog
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:53:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Brugger + Thomet makes a picatinney rail fore end for the Benelli M1 and M4/M1014.  They are expensive, about $350, but it's a great unit and will allow you to mount the grip or accessories you want.

Aside from that, Benellis are not popular guns to be using picatinney rails on.  That's why you don't really have a great deal to choose from regarding picatinney rails, though you think you would with how popular the guns are.  Unless you make specific modifications to the gun to compensate for the effects of added weight, mounted accessories cause a corresponding decrease in cycling reliability on Benellis.  As the weight of the gun goes up with add-ons, the amount of energy needed to cycle it goes up too.  This decrease in reliability won't be noticed when using already sufficiently powerful loads, but whatever the minimum load is that your gun will cycle reliably (most people don't test this), that load will suddenly give you trouble when optics, flash lights, side-saddles and anything else is added.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:50:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Brugger + Thomet makes a picatinney rail fore end for the Benelli M1 and M4/M1014

1.53 pounds hanging on the front end of a Benelli? Ummmmm.......

Thanks for trying.

I don't need something out of the box, what I really need is something like a Davis replacement front end with enough meat on it that I can mount some rail to the underside and not interfere with the mag tube.

Thanks again.

Any more thoughts?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top