Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2006 6:25:33 PM EDT
My tactical shotgun instructor at my LEO training swore by the PatternMaster choke tube and did some demonstartions on his Mossy with and without it.  Almost two years later, I found myself at Cabelas with some money to burn and picked one up for my 870.  My question is this...  How is this going to be for a duty weapon and for self defense when at home?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:34:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:03:17 AM EDT
[#2]
You cant use slugs with them. Strictly a buckshot item.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:23:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I strictly use 00 for duty loads but would also carry a RemChoke tube and wrench with some slugs just in case.  For those who know, how tight are these patterns going to be with 00 from say 15-35 yards?  I have searched all over their website but they don't seem to give actual numbers, just testimonials.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top