Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 3:12:16 PM EDT
First of all I'll admit to not knowing a whole bunch about different shotgun models...

I just acquired a Remington 1100 along with a bunch of other guns and wanted to know which model I have, the Remington site is no use as far as that is concerned and even though I have the "Std Catalogue Of Firearms" book I am having difficulty establishing exactly which 1100 I have.  It has a 28" vent ribbed barrel, wooden furniture, no real distinguishing features, just says Remington Model 1100 on the side of the receiver.

There are so many 1100's in my book and I can easily rule out a bunch of them but drilling it down has become difficult without the proper knowledge.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what to look for specifically?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Look at the serial #

The suffix letter "V" means it's a 12 ga.

The prefix letter will give you a rough idea of when the gun was made.

For example; "M" would be late 70s/early 80s; "N" early to mid 1980s; "R" early 2000, etc.

Earlier models from the 1960s and early 1970s will also have the receiver roll mark scrolling both below and a little bit above the stress relief cut  on the right hand side of the receiver where the bolt handle rides. 1100s from the 1980s (and possibly later 70s?) have the scroll work entirely below the bolt handle stress relief cut.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:59:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for your reply.

The serial # starts with "M". There is scroll work above and (mostly) below the slot for the operating handle as well as on the bolt itself. Buttstock pad appears to be hard plastic.

The barrel has no means of changing chokes.  

This thing appears to be practically brand new if it is from the 70's/80's, just need to put a name to it so I can offer it for sale.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:53:27 PM EDT
[#3]
From your description, it appears your 1100 is a standard, field grade model.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top