Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2006 12:33:16 PM EDT
Since replacing the forend on my 870 Express 12 ga, shells will not feed from the magazine tube into the receiver, Ive disassembled and reassembled several times including putting the original parts back on but it still doesnt feed. Anyone have any ideas?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:21:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you take the action arms and bolt out of the receiver? If so, did you depress the shell latch when you reinstalled the bolt?

Is the nut on the end of the forearm tube screwed all the way down - so that the position of the forearm is not limiting how far the action opens?

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:51:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a similar problem I had.  The right side shell latch was just BARELY out of spec and was causing the problem.  It's a cheap fix, like 3 dollars.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:01:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you verified that the shell follower isn't binding? Mine bound up on me a few days after I got it. Replaced with a Choate spring and follower the next week.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:20:38 PM EDT
[#4]
It has a Choate spring and follower in it and they seem to be working normally. It really looks like an issue with the shell latches or carrier.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#5]
K, figured out whats causing the problem, the foreend is hitting the receiver before the shell latches release. Its about 1/8 of an inch too long. Somehow I have to find a way to position the foreend on the slide about an 1/8 inch forward to make it work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top