Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2006 6:21:51 AM EDT
Ok, so I narrowed my choices down to these two models.  Both come with pretty much the same options so I'd like to hear some opinions on them.  Is there anything that the Wilson has over the 870P MAX that justifies the $300 difference in price?  BTW, I know that I could buy a basic 870 and do the work myself, but I rather buy a complete package and spend what little free time that I have at the range.  Also, if there are any other that I should be looking at, please let me know.  I appreciate the help.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:44:58 AM EDT
[#1]
P MAX

It is based on the 870 police where as the wilson is based on the 870 express
you get more gun for the money.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:00:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:17:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I got my PMAX and am lovin it!  Just make sure to get a Mesa Tactical Side Saddle!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:21:49 AM EDT
[#4]
As above, you're getting the full "Cadillac" Remington Police gun versus the Wilson gussied-up Express gun, AND you're getting a better gun for less money.

The Wilson is, in my opinion not worth the money, especially compared to a genuine Police gun, which is the absolute top-of-the-line in defense shotguns.

The Police is typically a smoother operating gun right out of the box, has a much smoother finish, inside and out, and has no "issues" with quality.

In short, you can actually spend less money and get a better gun with the Police.

You'll hear some buyers of the Wilson who have some complaints about various things.  
You'll very rarely to NEVER hear a Police gun buyer with any complaints at all.
Most Police gun buyers RAVE about the quality, "feel", and strength of the 870P.

The Wilson is a nice gun, over-priced.  
The Remington 870P Police is a tank.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:39:27 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 on the 870P max, brazed on front sight (not glued), mag tube ext clamp, metal trigger guard, smoother finish, R3 recoil pad, thicker bbl, just to name some advantages, plus its cheaper to boot
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#6]
PMAX or build and 870P
I have both
the Police Magnums are build tough
they weigh more and feel more like a gun than a toy
just my opinion
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:58:58 PM EDT
[#7]
PMax

That being said I'm going to get an 870P and built it myself :)
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:26:55 PM EDT
[#8]
What prices are you finding the PMAX for? Last three I've found are $800-895.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:07:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
What prices are you finding the PMAX for? Last three I've found are $800-895.

I just ordered mine from Jensen Arms for $779.95.    The MCS was real tempting, but that's just overkill - nice piece of kit though.

Thanks to all for the great info.  It pretty much reinforced what I found during my online research.  I'll be sure to post a pic when I get it.

Now my next dilemma is to Vang or not to Vang...
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:56:39 PM EDT
[#10]
With a Wilson, you are paying for the name.  With an 870P-MAX, you are paying for a tactical-man killer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top