Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2006 2:22:27 PM EDT
Does anyone know about installing invector chokes in a 1974 Browning Citori Skeet/Skeet o/u?
I have not pulled out my calipers but I am trying to find dimensions or anyone that has had their fixed chokes threaded for aftermarket screw in chokes.
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:41:12 PM EDT
[#1]
contact Seminol gun works at 321 383 8556. I think that is the number from memory. In titusville florida. randy mitchel is the owner. They will give you all the information you need.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#2]
You need a minimum of .015" wall thickness over the choke tube diameter. For a 12 guage Browning Invector tube this will put the OD of the barrel at .845" minimum. Also the bore diameter cannot exceed .735" (12ga) although this should not be an issue unless the barrel has been back bored.

If your barrel is too thin for Invector tubes there are a couple more options: Tru-choke and Tru-choke "Thinwall" tubes are a bit thinner (and have a finer thread) so they can be installed in some barrels too thin for the Invector tube.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:11:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I would definitely suggest calling Briley. Excellent company great turn around and if you can't use the Browning chokes they make their own brand. My 2 cents.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:05:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I really like the Briley tubes for other calibers but they are expensive
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top