Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 4:28:58 AM EDT
Perhaps my Google abilities are weak, or I'm just not looking in the right place.  I even looked on Remington's web site with no luck.  Does anyone know where to purchase a Remington factory top folding stock?  If Remington didn't make them, who made them for Remington?

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:55:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Go here and check out their stuff.

I tried the Butler Creek folder; it was flimsy so I took it off and replaced it with a Choate.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:11:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the link Panzersergeant.  However, I don't believe any of those stocks are factory Remington stocks.  The problem I have is my department requires that personnel shotgun are the same specifications as department shotguns.  However, the department doesn't provide any assistance on locating said parts!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:27:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I do not believe that they are manufactured anymore. You can find them on ebay from time to time, however expect to pay a large premium. The last one I saw went for  $150+.

edit:
Just found this one for $125

http://cgi.ebay.com/Remington-870-Shotgun-Factory-Folding-Stock-WoW_W0QQitemZ7225585865QQcategoryZ73957QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:00:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Perhaps my Google abilities are weak, or I'm just not looking in the right place.  I even looked on Remington's web site with no luck.  Does anyone know where to purchase a Remington factory top folding stock?  If Remington didn't make them, who made them for Remington?

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

If you have archive capabilities there was a long thread about this several months ago.

The Remington Police shotguns have an ATI (Advanced Technology) top folding stock.  www.atigunstocks.com/product-rem870.html

I looked through the Remington parts list and didn't see it; I may have overlooked it.  The stocks are on page 47 & 48
Remington Parts List (right click, "Save Target As...")
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:11:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I think you need to change your department rules Henny

Thats no fair you have to have factory parts, there are so many systems out there that are much better, such as my fav the sst870
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:28:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Isnt some of the Knoxx stocks offered on some factory Remington 870s. The old factory 870 folder is over rated, outdated, and not very comfortable. However it does have a certin cool factor.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:57:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Isnt some of the Knoxx stocks offered on some factory Remington 870s. The old factory 870 folder is over rated, outdated, and not very comfortable. However it does have a certin cool factor.

The Knoxx SpecOps Stock is a Remington OEM stock and is currently being installed on Law Enforcement. Military, and Civilian 870 shotguns at the Remington factory. It qualifies as a factory stock.

CaCrusin

www.knoxx.com

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:10:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Just put one up for sale over at the EE.

Edit:  Nevermind.  Sold it.

Factory Folder at the EE
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:31:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all the replies guys.  This is the reason I love this site - all the combined information!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top