Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2006 6:30:47 PM EDT
I just purchased a Benelli M1 S90 with an 18" barrel and am wondering what choke would be most appropriate for it. It came with the Modified choke installed but I also have the choice of  a Full or IC. I will be shooting 2 3/4" Remington 00 Buck in it.  Has anyone out there been bored or curious enough to have studied choke patterns?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:15:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Most combat shotgun makers have settled on Improved Cylinder as the best.

In the old days, straight Cylinder Bore (no choke at all) was the favorite, but Remington did some experimenting and decided that Improved Cylinder gave slightly tighter patterns with buckshot and tighter groups with slugs.

Remington went Improved Cylinder on all their Police guns years ago, and just this year, they seem to have gone with it for all their short shotguns.
Most other makers are following.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:29:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. IC it is!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top