Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2006 12:37:10 PM EDT
I'm looking at inertia shotguns.  The only manufactures I can find are Benelli, Franchi, and Stoeger.  I know Benelli is the best, but costs an arm and a leg.  I'm interested in the Franchi, but can't get much input.  And I haven't heard much about the Stoeger.  And I'm really wondering what's the difference in all these, other than added features, since they're all owned by Beretta.
  Are there any other manufacture's that make inertia shotys?  Also, do any inertia shotguns have a magazine cutoff?  What's your guy's experience with reliability, ruggedness, etc.?  Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:03:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I love Inertia shotguns. I have Benellis and Beretta 1201FP shotguns, the Beretta is pretty much a Benelli M1 Super 90.

The guns you listed. Franchi, Benelli, Beretta, Stoeger are the only shotguns I know that have a inertia system and rotating bolt.

Franchi shotguns are very nice. They are very nice and lightweight for hunting.

I have only handled a Stoeger at the gun shop, so I can not say how they shoot. But, they seem to be a good shotgun and are less expensive than a Benelli.

Beretta sold a few inertia shotguns, but have stuck with the gas system.

Benelli makes the best in my book. I am not as thrilled with the M2 as the M1.

I don't know about a magazine cut off, but if you need to take a shell out of the chamber simply pull back the bolt and the shell will come out. And the gun will not cycle a round from the magazine unless you hit the release.

As for reliablity and ruggedness, they are very reliable. More so than a gas operated system.
I have shot thousands of shells through my Benelli and not had any major problems. I have had a few jams, but that was during heavty shooting (400 shells in a day) or when the gun is VERY dirty.

Chris
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:56:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, that's what I needed to know.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:33:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:15:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Browning Auto-5.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top