Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2006 4:20:55 PM EDT
tonight i had a pack of silver flares for the shotty left over from a gun show. i set em off, kind of cool. was fun for a second or 2. but what else is out there to shoot out of my 870 for the hell of it. i want something loud and that makes a big flash. all the thing did tonight was make a pop and then burned in the sky for a little. so anything good out there to play with??
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:26:29 PM EDT
[#1]
FUN LOADS FUN LOADS FUN LOADS yaaaaaaaaaa

Theres alot out there actually, look on gunbroker;  one of the sellers: ammotogo

has tons of fun toys,  bird blast, exploding tracer slugs, tear gas rounds, rubber buckshot (nothing special), fletteche dart rounds

they have tons of fun things, obviously flechette dart rounds or tear gas rounds serve no purpose for most people, or do they???  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:29:43 PM EDT
[#2]
OHHHH OHHHH OHHHH

forgot the most important one....

Flame rounds;  it sends a long flame out of the barrel of your gun, 100ft or so, its soooo cool, but very dangerous only shoot them on like a beach or very very wet grass lands, we already have enough wild fires going on in the USA.  

Forgot the mention most of the rounds run about 4-5$ a rounds, not bad but pricey if you wanna do a fireworkds show
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:31:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Try some blanks.  They go BANG!!! real loud and some of them have pretty muzzle blast more than 24" long.

Be very, very careful buying this stunt/trick/novelty ammo.  If it comes from or is made by FireQuest, they will get you in big, big trouble!  When the DOJ comes in, they confiscate all records, including your name, address and whatnot.

The DOJ blistered their stupid butts once before for selling illegal "hazardous materials".  I'm sure they will do it again, or maybe BATFE the next time.

Ask me how I know.

And people wonder why FunAmmo went defunct.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Hi-Vel sells a lot of different types of shotgun shells.

I've never purchased anything from them so I don't know how reliable they (the company and the ammo) are.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:50:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Bird bombs
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:02:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Ya, buy crates of those!  

Make sure you have all the proper federal permits though.  You'll end up with some monstrous fines and/or prison time if you don't!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:18:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Ya, buy crates of those!  

Make sure you have all the proper federal permits though.  You'll end up with some monstrous fines and/or prison time if you don't!

for bird bombs? where can i get em ?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:48:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ya, buy crates of those!  

Where can you get what?  Bird bombs or the federal paperwork to legally possess them?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:18:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ya, buy crates of those!  

Where can you get what?  Bird bombs or the federal paperwork to legally possess them?

the bird bombs. its probably not to hard to find the paper work
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:00:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Beats me.  I don't mess with that stuff since the DOJ sent me that letter after they busted Firequest.  

That's what I've been trying to say- this stuff is illegal!

The first box of bird bombs I got came from a gun store almost 20 years ago.  Apparently they have been illegal for a long time (without the proper federal paperwork).  Nobody knew it because the law was never enforced.  Thanks to the Patriot Act, and all of the neo-nazi government nonsense in the name of "national security", this law is being enforced with vehemence.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:55:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Beats me.  I don't mess with that stuff since the DOJ sent me that letter after they busted Firequest.  

The first box of bird bombs I got came from a gun store almost 20 years ago.  Apparently they have been illegal for a long time (without the proper federal paperwork).  Nobody knew it because the law was never enforced.  Thanks to the Patriot Act, and all of the neo-nazi government nonsense in the name of "national security", this law is being enforced with vehemence.

so if i can get the paper work to make them legal where i can i get the BB
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:21:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Just in case my previous statements weren't understood, birdbombs are illegal.  Here's what the DOJ has to say about it

More on the topic

A Word of Caution

If you want to amuze yourself with colorful flashes of light and sound, go buy some fireworks, preferrably of the legal kind.  You can buy a whole bunch of firecrackers for what a 3pack of birdbombs used to cost.  You can buy truckloads of fireworks for what birdbombs cost now (10 years and $250,000).

nuff sed
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:22:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Just in case my previous statements weren't understood, birdbombs are illegal.  Here's what the DOJ has to say about it

www.2guntom.com/454/group/dojletter_reduced.jpg

More on the topic

A Word of Caution

If you want to amuze yourself with colorful flashes of light and sound, go buy some fireworks, preferrably of the legal kind.  You can buy a whole bunch of firecrackers for what a 3pack of birdbombs used to cost.  You can buy truckloads of fireworks for what birdbombs cost now (10 years and $250,000).

nuff sed

oh alright. the hell with that. i thought you had to have paperwork to make them legal. anyways.

thanks thou
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:32:57 PM EDT
[#14]
If your still interested buddysblackrifle

They have them on Gunbroker.com

Guy that sells them is "ammotogo"

They sell tons of different rounds and tons of ammo at pretty good prices, I don't bother with legalities, thats why I have a lawyer
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:19:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I don't bother with legalities, thats why I have a lawyer

If you like throwing large sums of cash at something, why don't you buy a boat?  Better yet, buy a fix'r'upper house; that way you can get a return for the money spent... and it's legal.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:39:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:54:39 PM EDT
[#17]
i remember someone selling concussion rounds
i just cant remember who though
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:20:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

What's the story there? I just got a catalog from Firequest the other day...they have a bunch of shtgun specialty shells....although I was looking more at a couple of the t-shirts they have.

No Expert
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:37:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Firequest is still in business.  I wouldn't fool with them though.  The owner is a liar, a sneak,...  The DOJ warned him many, many times, yet he continued to sell illegal stuff.

I asked the DOJ some very specific questions.  The "birdbombs" fell under their jurisdiction because of flashpowder.  I asked about all the other products that Firequest still sells and the legality of it.  The answer was that they don't fall under DOJ rule or enforcement.  So I assume that the rest of that stuff would be BATFE.  When somebody at BATFE gets a hard on for them, they will get another visit, records will be confiscated, and so on.

I wouldn't give Firequest $1 to clean my bathroom.  In this day and age, you are guilty by association.  I would advise buying your t-shirts somewhere else.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:59:50 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Firequest is still in business.  I wouldn't fool with them though.  The owner is a liar, a sneak,...  The DOJ warned him many, many times, yet he continued to sell illegal stuff.

I asked the DOJ some very specific questions.  The "birdbombs" fell under their jurisdiction because of flashpowder.  I asked about all the other products that Firequest still sells and the legality of it.  The answer was that they don't fall under DOJ rule or enforcement.  So I assume that the rest of that stuff would be BATFE.  When somebody at BATFE gets a hard on for them, they will get another visit, records will be confiscated, and so on.

I wouldn't give Firequest $1 to clean my bathroom.  In this day and age, you are guilty by association.  I would advise buying your t-shirts somewhere else.

Thanks for the info. One of the reasons I love this place.

No Expert
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:26:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Have you tried FunLoads.Com?
I'm not sure if that site exists or what it has.  But I'm not going to find out from work.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:27:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Have you tried FunLoads.Com?

I'm not sure if that site exists or what it has.  But I'm not going to find out from work.

Are you talking about FunAmmo?  They went out of business or rather ATF shut them down years ago.

That's my point, buying ammo from places like this gets your information in their records.  When the man puts the smackdab on their butts, they confiscate these records.  Now the feds have your information.

The feds now have my information.  I was unknowingly purchasing something illegal.  Ignorance of the law is no excuse.  Knowing the government has my name, address, phone number, and credit card in their files does not make me sleep better at night.

Buying this stuff, you do so at your own risk.  Doing business at all with companies like this, you are putting yourself at risk.  I'm just trying to spread the word.  Ikor brought up a good point too; some of this stuff can damage your gun.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:17:39 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
tonight i had a pack of silver flares for the shotty left over from a gun show. i set em off, kind of cool. was fun for a second or 2. but what else is out there to shoot out of my 870 for the hell of it. i want something loud and that makes a big flash. all the thing did tonight was make a pop and then burned in the sky for a little. so anything good out there to play with??

i dunno who makes em anymore, but 'bird bombs' or 'crow bombs' were cool  . .  they'd  blow up after you shot em , scaring the birds and flushing them out  - are these considered destructive devices now?

i'm on the FQ mailing list as well
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:21:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Gunbroker.com

they have almost all the fun/novelty type of ammo you could ever want

Username:Ammotogo

Bought some bird bombs off them awhile ago they have tons of other types too.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top