Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 10:50:45 AM EDT
Looking to pick up one of these when the tax refund comes in. I know that Ca. Police Supply and Impact will sell to the public, but I thought I'd check to see if anyone knew or any other sources.

Thanks, folks.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:19:04 PM EDT
[#1]
www.territorialsupplies.com/

Another good source is to simply have a local dealer order one for you.
BY checking prices at California Police, Impact, and Territorial Supply you will know the "ball park" price, and can keep the local dealer from scalping you on price.

Any local dealer who wants to can order Police guns from Remington Factory Authorized LAW ENFORCEMENT distributors.
The reason some dealers seem to have trouble, is that most Remington authorized distributors don't sell Law Enforcement guns, just commercial guns.  
The dealer has to order from a LE distributor.

Your dealer may have to make a special order, but he can get police guns if he really wants to.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:34:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, dfariswheel. I wasn't sure whether or not Remington-authorized LE distributors would deal with just any FFL, or whether they restricted their sales to FFLs that specialize in LE business.

I looked at Territorial Supplies' site earlier today, and couldn't tell what they would and wouldn't sell to a non-LEO. From their site, it seems like they're picky about even selling to individual officers.

My local dealer is a great guy. If he can get it, I'm not going to get scalped. Unfortunately, I'm in law school about 150 miles away from home. Upside is that spring break is coming up soon, so I'll probably call him up this week to see if he can lay hands on one. I'd rather him have the profit than paying retail to someone else and only giving him his pass-through fee.

ETA: Just noted my post # -- creepy...

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:10:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I just picked up my new 870P today from my local FFL. I ordered it from Kevin Wells who had posted a FS ad on the Highroad.org. Here's the ad...

FS: New Remington 870 HD & Police models (TX)

This guy is fast, professional and his prices beat everybody else out there (most, he beat by a large margin). I am a very happy camper and recommend him highly. Matter of fact, One of my co-workers just order a 870HD from him.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:12:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Forgot about Zrex.
Last month he found a special from his distributor and was selling the Remington MAX for about $100 LESS than anyone else.

I "think" the price was something like $780???
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:24:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Forgot about Zrex.
Last month he found a special from his distributor and was selling the Remington MAX for about $100 LESS than anyone else.

I "think" the price was something like $780???

Dang. Sorry I missed that one.

I still ought to check with my hometown FFL first. He's done good by me several times. But if he can't come through, I'll drop Zrex a line.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:09:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I had my dealer order my MAX.  That way I didn't have to pay ffl transfer fees or mess around with faxing documents, etc.  I had it in 2 days.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:23:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I had my dealer order my MAX.  That way I didn't have to pay ffl transfer fees or mess around with faxing documents, etc.  I had it in 2 days.

Yeah, if my hometown dealer can lay hands on one himself, that's certainly the route I'm going to go. Like I said earlier, I'd rather he be the one to make a profit on the sale. He's good people.

ETA: I just wish he could find some 5.45 ammo somewhere...
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:32:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
www.territorialsupplies.com/

Another good source is to simply have a local dealer order one for you.
BY checking prices at California Police, Impact, and Territorial Supply you will know the "ball park" price, and can keep the local dealer from scalping you on price.

Any local dealer who wants to can order Police guns from Remington Factory Authorized LAW ENFORCEMENT distributors.
The reason some dealers seem to have trouble, is that most Remington authorized distributors don't sell Law Enforcement guns, just commercial guns.  
The dealer has to order from a LE distributor.

Your dealer may have to make a special order, but he can get police guns if he really wants to.

Is that a LEO sales only site? The prices they give say 'individual officer price'...
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:18:06 PM EDT
[#9]
It would probably be cheaper to buy the 870 Tactical Magnum which is basically the same gun minus the Wilson Combat ghost ring sights and the Surefire forend and then add the afore mentioned items.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:39:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It would probably be cheaper to buy the 870 Tactical Magnum which is basically the same gun minus the Wilson Combat ghost ring sights and the Surefire forend and then add the afore mentioned items.  

The sights are the big issue for me. I don't want to have to buy the shotgun (with the attendant special order hassle) and then have to turn around and send it out again to have the sights added. And with where I'm living now, the nearest UPS hub is about 40 miles away.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#11]
You can mail the gun with the post office.  No need to drive to the UPS hub.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:40:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Tag
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, guys, after a lot of agonizing, I ended up ordering a 590A1. I'm still an impoverished grad student, and economic considerations kinda won out. Now, I can pay rent and buy food while still remaining safe from zombies.

Nonetheless, thanks to everyone whose time I wasted. You're a great bunch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top