Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2006 2:00:51 PM EDT
I had one, I found the add in the back of a magazine saying that there was a class action law suit, I filed the paper work and later received about $40. Can anyone tell me more about that deal? Have anyone elses barrela blown up or what?
$40 bucks for a few fingers, sounded like a good deal at the time.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:53:14 PM EDT
[#1]
You only got $40 bucks because the lawyers had to take their hard earned piece of the pie
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:25:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Perhaps you should have turned in your gun for repair instead of hurting the gun manufacturer and weaking the gun industry and gun owners.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:48:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Perhaps you should have turned in your gun for repair instead of hurting the gun manufacturer and weaking the gun industry and gun owners.

WTF?  Remington produced some barrels with problems.  Remington agreed to those who purchased the weapons basically a refund or post-purchase price reduction.  Had the weapons been returned it would have cost Remington more in materials & labor and that would have caused what you described!  A replacement barrel is a lot more than $40.00 even back then.  

IIRC... the problem involved very few weapons or was barrel finish related (I can't recall, but at the time I was responsible for weapons maintenance and I was not concerned about allowing an unsafe weapon on the street because of the recall/class action suit) and had it to do with safety they would not let you keep a barrel that would blow up and give you $40.00 to do so!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top