Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 5:55:21 PM EDT
I picked up a really cheap A5, and am kicking around making a tactical weapon with it. Finish is really worn, painted over, etc, but function is fine.
I've always liked this action, and want to see what I can put together. I have my Dad's old Belgium, but I never seem to take it out of the safe.
Any opinions?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:36:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe Choate Machine Tool makes a extention for the A5.

www.riflestock.com
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:04:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Stoner, I checked with Choate and they no longer make them.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:20:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Choate A5 extensions appear now and then on eBay and Gunbroker, keep your eyes open.

You can have one custom made for not that much money.  It's just a tube, they're all the same except for the collar's thread pitch.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:15:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Choate A5 extensions appear now and then on eBay and Gunbroker, keep your eyes open.

You can have one custom made for not that much money.  It's just a tube, they're all the same except for the collar's thread pitch.

I found an article in Browell's in which the author used a Rem 870 and modified it, which appears to work just fine. I think I'll give it a try, especially since his Rem 11 is set up just like I want to do my A5.Link to 3-gun article including Rem 11 pic
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top