Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 1:04:42 AM EDT
Anyone have one of these replicas of the 1897 Winchesters?  They look like fun, and they are priced right.  What is the word on these?
Norinco 97T  

Cheers
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:14:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody has one?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:42:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I had one for a while, but traded it in on a pistol. It was fun to shoot - especially because it didn't have a disconnect. It just wasn't what I needed at the time.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:51:18 PM EDT
[#3]
My Norinco 97 has been one of the been one of the best guns I own.  I reblued it and found it was actaully good quality steel those chinese are using.  Of course, the Norinco 97 is from what I hear the only Norinco worth buying.

If you want a '97 trench gun, get the Norinco, or you can spend 4x the amount of money and try and get a real winchester.  I couldn't personally drop the $900 for a real 97 trench gun, but the Norinco was only $250 on the rack, so I jumped it and I don't regret it.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:32:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine came with a barrel inadverdently choked modified!! 20/1000s constriction of choke.

Absolutely SMOKES 16 yrd trap targets (which are broken at an average distance of 32-33 yards beyond the muzzle)

The only minor issue with mine when I first bought it was a loose barrel shroud that had to be clamped down a bit.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#5]
There is a really nice one running on Gunbroker right now....

The auction states there is a problem with the slide action....

How complicated are these internally (Assuming they are like a standard shotgun)?????

Auction is going at 100$ right now and is in really good physical condition....
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:47:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one, but have not had a chance to fire it yet. This weekend I'm going to try my hand at trap with it .

My only concern is how to tear it down. I have heard conflicting stories about how difficult it is to break down for cleaning and how you shouldn't bother. Anyone have any opinion on that?

eta: shotty pr0n...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:37:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My Norinco 97 has been one of the been one of the best guns I own.  I reblued it and found it was actaully good quality steel those chinese are using.  Of course, the Norinco 97 is from what I hear the only Norinco worth buying.

What about Norinco SKS and AKs? Havent people had good luck with Norinco 1911s also?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:48:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have one, but have not had a chance to fire it yet. This weekend I'm going to try my hand at trap with it .

My only concern is how to tear it down. I have heard conflicting stories about how difficult it is to break down for cleaning and how you shouldn't bother. Anyone have any opinion on that?

eta: shotty pr0n...
photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=47773&iGalleryUnq=1893&iImageUnq=38510

97's are actually pretty easy to take apart to clean, but unless you drop it in the mud or such why bother, when you can spray them with a little CLP and brush them out,
and watch your thumb, if you choke up on the stock the bolt may bite you,,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top