Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2006 2:42:18 PM EDT
Currently running a EOtech 552 on my 870 and wanted to know what range people sight their optic in at? Personally I am looking to use this gun for 3 gun combat mataches so I'm leaning towards a common distance for tactical operations. Thanks guys
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#1]
i usually zero in at 50, but might change it to 100.  Got a firend who just got out of the 82d Airborne and he sights his Eotech to 250 yards.  He tells me he had to qualify his weapon with those distances so he keeps it a habbit to shoot at that zero.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:06:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, what's the most common distance you shoot at in your 3 gun competitions?  If there is a distance, or general distance that you shoot the most at, I'd set it at that.  For self defence work, I'd keep it at 5 meters.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:24:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I use mine for 3-gunning, and I zero at 25-yards for 2 reasons:

1) The difference between the POI at 25 yards and 50 yards is about an inch or so
2) Based on #1 above, I can be a lazy SOB sometimes and I'm not walking out to 50 yards to set a target for zeroing.

Seriously, #1 is true. Unless you want to see how well *you* can shoot at 50 yards, there is no real advantage to zeroing at 50 yards. The Army figured that out  with zeroing M16s a long time ago.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:57:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i usually zero in at 50, but might change it to 100.  Got a firend who just got out of the 82d Airborne and he sights his Eotech to 250 yards.  He tells me he had to qualify his weapon with those distances so he keeps it a habbit to shoot at that zero.

qualify at 250 eh, so I guess that a slug is the only round that could travel that far, or am I wrong?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:34:01 PM EDT
[#5]
A slug at 250 yards? Think mortar-style elevation to get it out there.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:00:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

qualify at 250 eh, so I guess that a slug is the only round that could travel that far, or am I wrong?

sorry , just talking about his m4,  forgot the thread was about 870 and the slug.  my humble apologies!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:02:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top