Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 4:20:01 PM EDT
I just bought a Hogue Compstock for my new 870 on Ebay. Does anyone have one? If so, does it work? Is it the same as the Knoxx Compstock? If not, what are the differences? It's supposed to have adjustable length of pull. Does that work well? Will it get me to a 12" length of pull like the Hogue Shortshot?

As always, thanks very much for any and all help and/or tips and suggestions.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:26:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I beleive hogue still actually makes it. Early on they also sold them under their name also. I have one it works great. Supposedly they are cammed a little different now so even a little less recoil but it makes a lot of difference. The one I have is going on a new home defense 870 latter this year. No it is not practical to chang the length of pull on it. I used to carry mine on duty for years. Right now it is going to an officer with another dept. who just had back surgery so yes it works. The only complaint I ever had was that the recoil pad was stciky. A little pad  stuff (slick eeze??) from Brownells took care of that problem. If you really need an adjustable or short stock your only bet is the Spec ops.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:35:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got the Knoxx version installed on my 14 inch Norinco 870 clone, and it works like a charm.  I've got arthritis in my neck, and I can shoot this little puppy all day without a problem.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:31:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the compstock on my Mossy 500 and you can shoot slugs all day with no problem. Just watch out how you hold your thumb, it may hit your nose!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know how many of you guys go to the shotgunworld forums, but I do. I found out from Knoxx that although Hogue originally manufactured the Knoxx units, Knoxx now does their own. There have been some revisions by Knoxx to lessen recoil even more. Hogue doesn't do them to keep down manufacturing costs. Knoxx offered to upgrade my Hogue Compstock for a small fee, which I thought was a great offer. I'm going to take them up on it.

I was looking hard at the Knoxx Compstock along with the Hogue. I didn't really have much info on either. With customer service like Knoxx, I should've gone to them to start with. But, I got the Hogue brand new on Ebay for $50. So I snapped it up.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:45:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh, I almost forgot. Thanks for the replies and info. Call me a sissy if you like, but it's comforting to know that these gizmos actually work. I don't know why everybody shooting slugs and full powered loads wouldn't want one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top