Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2006 10:23:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:30:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Last time I saw one, the Wilson front sight is epoxied OVER the original Remington bead base, and is cross-pinned.

This seems to be pretty durable, but not a durable as the factory version where they actually braze the sight on.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:19:58 PM EDT
[#2]
My Wilson/Trijicon front sight was installed with J-B Weld instead of the epoxy that came with it.  I also had a friend pin the sight though the old pedestal.  While I am not about o try to knock the sight off, I doubt that I could.  It is really on there.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:34:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I am not a fan of the Trac-Loks. I prefer the models with the protected rear aperture, i.e., every other sight on the market.

Believe it or not, I have the Mossberg sights on my 870, and they are extremely durable. I had the barrel drilled and tapped to mount the front post, as well as epoxied.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:51:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
To those that have them, have you had any problems? how do they hold up and did you install them yourself or send it out? My main concern is the unprotected front site.

Thx

Hi Boom,
I have taken my Wilson Shotgun to the range now and the sights work great did not shoot loose, and look like they are on there for good!  Probably shot 100 00buck and 50+ rifled slugs.  No problems at all.  I needed a shotgun that would stand up well to a salt water environment, that is why the Wilson.
Just my observations.  I would like to put an EoTech on it but don't know anyone around here that would install it...

ReconJack
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top