Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2006 3:14:28 PM EDT
I took my 870 apart for the first time today. When it came down to the bolt it was very hard. It was also hard to take the pump out and the bolt carrier. To get it out I was guessing I had to pull it out the front. One good yank riped it right out with out dammageing it. Putting it back in was a hole nother story. I got it stuck three times and bent the two rods that go into the reciver. Then i got really pissed and took it and slammed it into the floor and it went rite in. I know it was the wrong way to do it but it works fine. Is there a better way to take it apart. I took the trigger assembly out first.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:22:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Get an owners manual!  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:23:47 PM EDT
[#2]
god dam it i have one good fuckin idea!.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:28:36 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a "tang" on the inside of the receiver on each side that you have to push in while assembling/disassembling.  Kind of a pain but better than tearing the gun up!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:31:36 PM EDT
[#4]
got it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:48:32 PM EDT
[#5]
'Remington 870 problem'...

Sounds more like 'operator headspace and timing problem.'
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:41:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I took my 870 apart for the first time today. When it came down to the bolt it was very hard. It was also hard to take the pump out and the bolt carrier. To get it out I was guessing I had to pull it out the front. One good yank riped it right out with out dammageing it. Putting it back in was a hole nother story. I got it stuck three times and bent the two rods that go into the reciver. Then i got really pissed and took it and slammed it into the floor and it went rite in. I know it was the wrong way to do it but it works fine. Is there a better way to take it apart. I took the trigger assembly out first.

Congratulations son

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:02:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:19:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Time to put it on the wall i have no ink god dam it!@
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top