Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 7:37:29 AM EDT
I WANT one!! What can I expect to pay for a real one? Is there a lot of difference in value for one that has the arsenal bomb and US stampings? Are the Norinco copies worth having?

Is there a ink or a website that is dedicated to the 1897 trench gun?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:57:01 AM EDT
[#1]
The Chinese I.A.C. copies are better than the originals.  They use modern steels and brand new walnut stocks.  They can be a little rough internally, but a $40 action job will slick them up very nice.  Off the top of my head I am thinking under $300 for a riot version and under $400 for a trench version.  I rarely see an original Winchester that is not in need of alot of work or a bit pricey or both.  The I.A.C. riot version is used by thousands of Cowboy Action shooters all the time with great success.  I know many shooters who own an original Winchester, but choose to shoot an I.A.C.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:32:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I own one of the Norinco Trench guns and it is agreat I have no comhplaints and it works very well considering all the "bad thing" I heard about it worked fine for me and it's a blast to Slam fire, Literaly.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:41:33 AM EDT
[#3]
A vintage Ithaca Model 37 is not too much more $$$ and is well built and fun as heck to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:38:22 AM EDT
[#4]
If you wan't a real one, be prepared to pay.. If you are collecting it, buy one. If your looking for something fun to shoot, buy a full auto M11, and the Norinco trench gun with the money you would have spent on the real Winchester trench gun..

But unducate yourself, and be carefull, there are many, many fakes.. If it's not US marked, it's fake.. If it is US marked it could still be fake..

Ask all of your Winchester Military gun questions here, many experts will steer you towars a good safe purchase..

www.jouster.com/cgi-bin/milshotgun/shotgun.pl
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:35:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't know what you will pay for a Model 97 Trench. At least $1,500 to 2,500.

My local gun shop has a US marked Model 12 trench with all the hardware and bayonet for 2K.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:31:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I got my Norinco Trench gun for $230 out the door and it is one of my favorite firearms in my safe.  I made my own stock for it and reblued it.

I knew I could never see myself putting down 1500-2000 for a real winchester, a dream of mine of course, but the Nornico hasn't failed me yet.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:08:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:32:40 PM EDT
[#8]
yeah, I hear you Ikor, I am one of those 'anti-chinese firearms' kinda people too, but my Norinco 97 is the ONLY exception I'll ever make.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top