Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2006 11:45:54 AM EDT
Good day all. I have a remmy 870 express that i recently purchased for $262 out the door. She shoots like a dream. I would like to know what i have to do to put a mag extender on that thing. It is the model with the dimples on it. I realize the problem is that the shells wont fit through the dimpleshatJosh
Here's a pic for your trouble
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e376/avidshooter/shotty001.jpg
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:48:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Look at the tacked threads.

There's one that might help you, I'll let you figure out which one.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:58:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Drill out the dimples.  It will work perfectly.  Make sure that the inside is pretty well polished or your follower will bind.  

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I found the thread I was lookin for on the stickies. Thanks again gentlemen.
Josh
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:19:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Drill out the dimples.  It will work perfectly.  Make sure that the inside is pretty well polished or your follower will bind.  

You need to make sure you refinish this area as it will rust fairly easily.

Best way is to have them knocked out.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:03:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Bah, Someone showed me this so I show you. It is down a little on the page it has a few pictures this is the best way to go.

Here
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:54:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Bah, Someone showed me this so I show you. It is down a little on the page it has a few pictures this is the best way to go.

Here

Yeah, follow Wetterman's instructions.  Worked great for me.

SM
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:57:44 PM EDT
[#7]
i just used larger and larger sized sockets and knocked them down the bore with a hammer.
i don't know about using a punch.  seems like you can make the tube go out of round.  .

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:02:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Dremmel drum sanders are your friend. Also, get it all the wat gone gently, and you wont have to wory about binding. After, get some  quality clear spray paint and fill a cup and paint the sanded areas with a small brush.. W
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:11:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Dremmel drum sanders are your friend. Also, get it all the wat gone gently, and you wont have to wory about binding. After, get some  quality clear spray paint and fill a cup and paint the sanded areas with a small brush.. W

I dont think Id use paint. I would buy a blueing kit and just blue the area.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:19:59 AM EDT
[#10]
You  can find used 870s in good shape for about $250 out the door (or less depending on condition) that are older and DON'T have the dimples
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:38:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Here

This is the only way to go.  Using a magazine dent raiser available from Brownells makes it even easier.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top