Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2006 11:56:11 AM EDT
Alright, I posted a few weeks ago about getting a shotgun from my dad.  I bought some stuff to remove rust from blued finishes, and it got some off, but it won't get all of it off.  Anyway to get something that will get some old, deep rust off of a blued barrel/reciever without ruining the finish?

Also, where are some good places to get some accessories for it (synthetic stock, magazine extension etc)??

Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:45:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, the bad news is that rust and blueing are the same. Basically, blueing is polished rust, so if you are trying to remove some deep rust in spots, you will remove some of the finish.

You may just want to check with a local gunsmith to see what re-blueing would run you. It's usually not that expensive, and a newly blued firearm can look sharp.

For accessorizing, try Brownells, but it helps to be able to get dealer pricing from them. Some others to try:

Impact Guns
Cactus Tactical  (I shoot with these guys and they use what they sell)
Arizona Gun Runners
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:02:38 PM EDT
[#2]
If you need to get the gun refinished:

Cummings Custom Refinishing
3351 Asheville Hwy
Greeneville, TN 37743
423-639-8924
Email: [email protected]

Remington barrels (you must know the Remington part number):

Mark Komoroski @

D&R Sports Center
620 Fairchild St
PO Box 139
Nanticoke, PA 18634
570-735-1752

[email protected]

http://www.dnrsports.com

Accessories:

Brownells
Midway
Choate

Stay away from Arizona Gun Runner.  They have a hard time getting the orders right.
AGR thread

2guntom
454 Casull +
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top