Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2006 3:38:56 AM EDT
I have read the thread on the Express and Police models. I bought my gun [870 Express] used a while back. I bought it from a guy who says he didn't modify it, thats how he bought it new. What I don't understand is my gun has .........

1. a aluminum trigger guard
2. front and rear sling swivel studs
3. no dimpels in the magazine tube
4. a Davis speedfeed stock
5. a shorter fore-end
6. the extractor is machined
7. it's all 'matte' black [can you get it on either model??]

I thought all of that stuff only came on the Police model? I can post pictures later if, needs be.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:28:43 AM EDT
[#1]
You probably have an older model. Mine is a 1989 and has everything yours does.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:41:28 PM EDT
[#2]
762minigun2

You have an EXPRESS model with a Davis Speedfeed stock, a Police fore end, an aluminum trigger group, and NO dimples?????

The only Remington's I know of set up like that are Police guns.

juggernaut13: Your gun should be marked on the left side of the receiver with either EXPRESS or POLICE.

If it says Express, it's almost certainly been modified.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:31:12 PM EDT
[#3]
As far as an "Express" not having dimples, that's easy- the 7 shot 870 Express Synthetic
870 Express 18" Synthetic

The stocks make that a conversation piece for sure.  What I do know is that the Remington websites do not show all of the guns in all of the configurations that they are made in.  It very well could be a factory gun.

2guntom
454 Casull +
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:36:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
762minigun2

You have an EXPRESS model with a Davis Speedfeed stock, a Police fore end, an aluminum trigger group, and NO dimples?????

quote]

Not exactly I have police wood furniture on mine currently. I removed and sold off the SF stuff. Its a 1989 confirmed by remington stamped Express with aluminum trigger housing, no dimples on mag tube, machined extractor, and double swivels.  The magazine tube shows no signs of  having dimples removed by drilling or dremeling.The swivel was mounted on the mag cap, I removed the cap and replaced with a Factory extention that had the swivel on the mag clamp. That being said... I'm not claimimg to have a police. Remington went by the serial number and called it an Express as it is stamped on the receiver, being made in  1989.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:35:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes it is stamped Express, I guess it  just has some nice extras!

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#6]
AH HA, and older Express.

I'm simply not "up" on the older Express guns.  As far as I knew, they always had plastic trigger units and dimples in the tube, BUT I simply haven't seen one that old.

The times they are a'changin'.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:27:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Have we all forgotten about the "bead blasted blue" of the Express?  BTW I had a Express I bought in '97 which had a alu trigger guard.  The rest was "normal" express setup though.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:55:58 AM EDT
[#8]
I have two Express Magnums.  I was looking for a 28" barrel for on and found a sale at Wal Mart and got a complete rifle for not much more.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top