Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 6:44:09 PM EDT
The thread title says it all.  I am in the process of an 870 build up and am weighing my options.  I had pretty much decided on the Surefire integral forend light, but after spending a couple of hours scanning throught the shotgun picture thread, I am now reconsidering.  How many of you use the M69 instead of the integral forend light and why?  Also, I love the VFG on my AR, but am unsure as to whether or not I would like it on my 870.  Convince me one way or the other.  Those of you who run th M69 with a light mounted, what light do you use and how/where is it mounted?  I was thinking if I went with the M69 to use a Tangodown VFG and a Surefire X200.  But I may still go with the tried and true integral forend light.  Basically, I am in a quandry.  Your thoughts.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:23:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:03:09 AM EDT
[#2]
its all about preference...personallyi just like the feel of a traditional foregrip so i would go with the integrated light...i find that sometimes having a patruding VG can get in the way...but thats just me, some of the other guys on here swear by them. other things are that for longer shots you can steady the shotgun better without the VG, it tends to lose a lot of balance; however, for room clearing and what not a VG offers more control. i would consider what you will be doing with your shotgun and then make a choice from there
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:13:00 PM EDT
[#3]
If you do decide to go with M69 I would highly suggest the 870 MAX with a Speed Feed pistol grip stock.
Reason being it is just plain cheaper than trying to build a tactical 870 from a base shotgun.
Good Luck with whatever you try.
43E1P
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top