Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2006 6:59:06 PM EDT
Although I have been a firearms collector and shooter for quite some time, I recently have purchased my first NFA firearm...a Remington 870 with a 14" barrel. Of course, since it is registered as a short barreled shotgun, I can pretty much put whatever length barrel I want on it. I was considering picking up a 12.5" and an 18" barrel for it just to have in case I felt like changing the configuration. I remember seeing some barrels in the not very distant past in a catalog. I do not remember what catalog it was, but they had 12.5 and other length barrels in it and they came with a choice of bead sights, or rifle sights, or even with Scattergun Technologies ghost rings with the front sight installed and the rear included as well to install on your receiver. Does this ring a bell to anyone? Or perhaps you may know of another source for Remington 870 barrels precut to the specified length, preferably with bead sight or Scattergun Technologies Ghost ring front sight installed. Any and all help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:25:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Only one i can help you with is the 18". Park`d with bead. Part # 242243, $96.40. Number to order from Remington is 800-243-9700.  Brownells does carry the same barrel, but it was $60 more last time i checked. That is the only places i know of to get it. and i looked a while. You can download their parts list from their site and see them all.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:19:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:27:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd be interested in a source for 14" factory barrels also. I have one with a bead sight but would like to get one with the rifle sights.  I do have an extra 14" park. bead sight barrel to trade if anyone has one with rifle sights they want to part with.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top