Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 4:10:30 PM EDT
I know this question has been asked recently, but I can't seem to find the response. Could someone tell me where I can get a Remington factory mag extension for an 870? Also, any experience that anyone has with after-market extensions would be appreciated. I am not dead-set on having a factory extension, I am just concerned that an after-market parkerized finish may not match the 870 Police Magnum that I picked up today. I will be posting pics of this little gem later.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Sources for Factory extensions:
Direct from Remington.
Have your local dealer order one from a Remington factory authorized Law Enforcement distributor.
Ask here:
www.capoliceequip.com/
And here:
www.impactguns.com/store/

Order from Brownell's
www.brownells.com

Watch Ebay for a used one.

Look in The Shotgun News for distributors who sell Remington Police guns and order from one of them.

For other makes, there are:
Choate:
www.riflestock.com/
Wilson.
Vang.
Tank's Rifle Shop.
Tac-Star.

The best unit of all is the Remington factory.

The best all around unit is Choate from the stand point of quality, price, and availability.
The Choate comes as a complete kit, with the extension, spring, stronger follower, sling swivel, and the all important barrel clamp.
It's available in more sizes than all the others put together, and comes in black or parkerized.
The parkerized matches the Remington Parkerized finish.

The Wilson is good, and EXPENSIVE.  It does not come with a clamp.

The Vang is good and expensive.  Also, no clamp.
https://www.vangcomp.com/accessories.html

The Tank's Rifle Shop version is a close copy of the Remington factory.  Good, and expensive.
It's just under the Choate model:
www.tanksrifleshop.com/remshotgun.htm

The Tac-Star usually doesn't come with a clamp.  They have some past history with quality problems like out-of-round magazine mount collars or tubes that are out of line.
Tac-Star is available in parkerized.

Whatever you get, GET A CLAMP.
It doesn't matter if the extension is a solid steel bar, it's still screwed onto a thin magazine tube, and a good bump will knock it off the gun, damaging the gun's magazine tube.
This means a trip back to Remington for an expensive replacement.

If your extension doesn't come with a clamp, the best one is Uncle Mike's close copy of the Remington factory clamp.
www.unclemikes.com/adtemplate.asp?invky=9004490&catky=1465723&subcatky1=4548843&subcatky2=2000180
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:04:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sources for Factory extensions:
Direct from Remington.
Have your local dealer order one from a Remington factory authorized Law Enforcement distributor.
Ask here:
www.capoliceequip.com/
And here:
www.impactguns.com/store/

Order from Brownell's
www.brownells.com

Watch Ebay for a used one.

Look in The Shotgun News for distributors who sell Remington Police guns and order from one of them.

For other makes, there are:
Choate:
www.riflestock.com/
Wilson.
Vang.
Tank's Rifle Shop.
Tac-Star.

The best unit of all is the Remington factory.

The best all around unit is Choate from the stand point of quality, price, and availability.
The Choate comes as a complete kit, with the extension, spring, stronger follower, sling swivel, and the all important barrel clamp.
It's available in more sizes than all the others put together, and comes in black or parkerized.
The parkerized matches the Remington Parkerized finish.

The Wilson is good, and EXPENSIVE.  It does not come with a clamp.

The Vang is good and expensive.  Also, no clamp.
https://www.vangcomp.com/accessories.html

The Tank's Rifle Shop version is a close copy of the Remington factory.  Good, and expensive.
It's just under the Choate model:
www.tanksrifleshop.com/remshotgun.htm

The Tac-Star usually doesn't come with a clamp.  They have some past history with quality problems like out-of-round magazine mount collars or tubes that are out of line.
Tac-Star is available in parkerized.

Whatever you get, GET A CLAMP.
It doesn't matter if the extension is a solid steel bar, it's still screwed onto a thin magazine tube, and a good bump will knock it off the gun, damaging the gun's magazine tube.
This means a trip back to Remington for an expensive replacement.

If your extension doesn't come with a clamp, the best one is Uncle Mike's close copy of the Remington factory clamp.
www.unclemikes.com/adtemplate.asp?invky=9004490&catky=1465723&subcatky1=4548843&subcatky2=2000180

Many, many thanks. I really appreciate the input!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:43:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why, as mike 103 says, we keep ol' DFW around!

No shit... The man is good

If you want a factory tube keep your eyes open on Ebay $50.00-$91.00. Also you said you are looking for a parkerized unit to match your R870P? I have sold about 12 units here, gunshows and on Ebay. Of those 5 were parkerized units the finish was rough. They came that way from the factory. Finish was spotchey, non uniform, and rough. No body ever sent one back but I didnt care to much for the finish on them.

Stay away from the ATI plastic tubes.

This thread need to be tacked to save DFW's fingers
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:47:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the pat on the back.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:53:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I know this question has been asked recently, but I can't seem to find the response. Could someone tell me where I can get a Remington factory mag extension for an 870? Also, any experience that anyone has with after-market extensions would be appreciated. I am not dead-set on having a factory extension, I am just concerned that an after-market parkerized finish may not match the 870 Police Magnum that I picked up today. I will be posting pics of this little gem later.

I ordered mine from Town Police Supply.  They are listed as a distributor on the Remington LE website.  They seem to be a reputable business.  I got what I ordered and it was shipped when they said it would be.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top