Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2006 9:19:04 AM EDT
Hello,  I'm not exactly sure what to buy for shells.  I own an 870 Police magnum but am not only concerned with HD but would eventually like to hunt (with a different shotgun of course).  The problem is is that I don't know what application each type of shotgun shell should be used for.  For example what do you use #4 bird shot for?  Is it just for small birds or can you shoot water foul with it as well?  What would you use for squirl?   What about deer?  See what I mean.  I have no clue.  

And then, what is the tactical application of each load?  I know this is alot to get into but if someone could provide a link or reference that might be able to help me out I'd very much appreciate it.

THanks
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:20:02 AM EDT
[#1]
00 buck and slugs all you need
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#2]
one of many links that had decent info on what shot size to use for what game

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top