Quoted:
simple, no bullshit answer, yes.

+1
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:26:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:18:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup. Good customer service to back up their products, too (at least in my experience).
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:47:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm happy with mine... And +1 on the excellent customer service.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:55:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm happy with mine... And +1 on the excellent customer service.

Exactly, just buy it, its not much more than a hundred bucks, if you dont like it, im sure you can sell it on the EE very easy.

EDIT: Who is voting "maybe"?? It either is or it isnt. If recoil and follow up shot recovery are a concern you have, then yes, its worth it, if not, then no.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:28:44 PM EDT
[#7]
depends on the shotgun.

with an 870, or crossbolt safety, sure.

With a safety mounted on top of the receiver, you won't be able to hit the safety withotu taking your hand off the grip.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:49:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
depends on the shotgun.

with an 870, or crossbolt safety, sure.

With a safety mounted on top of the receiver, you won't be able to hit the safety withotu taking your hand off the grip.

As is the case with all pistol grip setups.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:53:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I just ran a bunch of rounds through my Mossberg at our local shoot.

WHAT a difference in recoil. It's still stiff, but slugs feel like a semi-auto .308 now. Very managable.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:52:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I like mine.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:49:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I purchased a "version 1" from a dealer at a gun show and the fit wasn't that great when I tried to install it.  I call Knoxx and worked with them a bit on the phone.  Things still weren't working out so they explained to me that although the version I had would fit (it would just need to REALLY be torqued down for the stock to come flush with the receiver) that they would send me out a "version 2" which resolved the problem.  I sent back my "version 1" and received a "version 2" within about a week.

I noticed the fit and finish on the new Knoxx SpecOps stock was MUCH better in comparison and it tightened up nice and flush with the receiver, no problems at all, looks great.

I just took it to the range the other day and fired some 00 buck and some 1oz slugs from my 870 Marine Magnum with the Knoxx SpecOps stock on it.  Very manageable and no more black and blues on my shoulder (or even sore for that matter).  BTW, I'm a pretty thin build guy, so I feel recoil.  I would say for the price, the versatility, the excellent customer service, and the benefits it offers, it's worth the money.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:09:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Just curious...Of those who voted Maybe or No, have you tried the Specops Stock? Did you actually shoot a SpecOps-equipped shotgun before voting or  posting your opinion. I am not complaining about the results. After all better than 6 out of 10 said yes. I'm a marketing guy and I'm trying to get a handle on what it actually takes to get someone to try something new and different. I'm grateful to FL-AR15 for running the poll. It gives it more credibility than if I had done it.

So tell me, what does it take to overcome the fear, if that's the word, of something new? I would appreciate your feedback.

CaCrusin

www.knoxx.com
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:41:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I love mine. I have never spent much time with my shotties simply because the recoil of the 00 buck and slugs had me looking for the pain killers after about 50 rounds.

I'm going to try and endurance run next month to see how many shells of 00 buck it takes for my shoulder to get sore with the Spec Ops.

I'm curious, how can I tell if my stock is version 1 or 2? It doesn't "look" right on my 870 but the fit to the reciever seems solid without any gaps.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:11:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Just curious...Of those who voted Maybe or No, have you tried the Specops Stock? Did you actually shoot a SpecOps-equipped shotgun before voting or  posting your opinion. I am not complaining about the results. After all better than 6 out of 10 said yes. I'm a marketing guy and I'm trying to get a handle on what it actually takes to get someone to try something new and different. I'm grateful to FL-AR15 for running the poll. It gives it more credibility than if I had done it.

So tell me, what does it take to overcome the fear, if that's the word, of something new? I would appreciate your feedback.

CaCrusin

www.knoxx.com

I have a question for you......is there any way to set the stock [Specops model] so that a enlarged safety could be used on a 870?.....I just picked up one of your stocks and luckly read the warning about using enlarged safeties......and now I have to remember where I put the old Remington safety.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Got one mounted t my 870 Express Magnum.  I just haven't had a chance to take it to our range and try it out.  We've been having in-service classes, so I'll have to wait for my turn at the range.

I spoke with CaCrusin before I purchased their stock.  He's a good guy...I'm feeling good about the positive reviews.  I can't wait to try it out with some of those shoulder killing slugs we shoot.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:52:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I havetried the original Knoxx, and the folding Coppstock, and I have to say that I am not impressed.

I am not a big guy, 5'7ish, 175. Recoil in a shotgun is not that big an issue, even after firing hundreds of rounds in a day ina tac shotgun course. I just dont see that reducing the recoil is worth that kind of money. They do work, just not enough to worry about, IMO.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:36:49 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I have a question for you......is there any way to set the stock [Specops model] so that a enlarged safety could be used on a 870?.....I just picked up one of your stocks and luckly read the warning about using enlarged safeties......and now I have to remember where I put the old Remington safety.

The Wilson Combat/Scattergun Flathead safty is compatible and I understand that Hans Vang is doing a flat one. The problem is with the mushroom-style big head safeties. There is no safe way to use them and any modifications to the stock in an effort ot accommodate them would be highly dangerous to the shooter. Please don't try.

CaCrusin

www.knoxx.com
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:10:46 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

CaCrusin

www.knoxx.com

I voted yes, because I really love mine.  Some of my friends that are also into firearms were skeptical of them at first but after trying out some slugs and 00 buck with mine were quite impressed with the results.  

If you ask me, this is a great option for a home-defense shotgun b/c the reduction in recoil offers faster follow-up shots.  In addition (and maybe what I like most about it), it is easier to teach a wife/girlfriend how to properly be prepared to defend herself or her home when she can practice with a firearm that is powerful, but does not beat her to death.  

For anyone looking for a good review, the NRA publication "America's First Freedom" had an article about the Knoxx stocks a couple issues back.  If someone could find the link and post it here it may be a useful source of info.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:27:20 AM EDT
[#19]
What I am interested in is the Knoxx Forend?  does anyone have any experience with their marketed forearm?  

Is is ruberized?  Somewhat looks like that from their pics.

Anyone Got any close up pics or reviews?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I'm grateful to FL-AR15 for running the poll. It gives it more credibility than if I had done it.

CaCrusin

www.knoxx.com

Glad its help you. I read an article in SWAT magazine a while back talking about the knoxx folding stock, and heard about the SpecOps Stock being in the development stage. I voted maybe, since I have no personal experience to say either way. Plus it helps provide a margin of error to view the poll with.

I have been thinking about a stock that could absorb recoil for a long time, and knoxx is the only company I could find doing something like that. However, I was thinking about an AR15 stock that could assist with bump firing.

As far as fear, I don't think that it’s really about that. With any new concept comes a concern about if it can deliver what is promised. Too often we hear someone say "New and Improved" but really nothing has changed. But I know first hand just what you are up against with the questions people think about as they see something new for the first time. I have been playing around with a new concept for carrying ar15 magazines that can provide faster magazine changes. Yes it works, but not everyone thinks it will work for them for whatever reason.

As far as I am concerned, I will be getting a SpecOps stock very soon, but I will need to upgrade my old 870 express at some point to a 870 Police Mag in order to make real use of the stock.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:28:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

CaCrusin

www.knoxx.com

I voted yes, love min, they only quirk I have with mine, (its on a 1300 btw) is that I have to remove the stock  completely take down and clean my action, as the pistol grip prevents the action from falling out the bottom, granted that is not very often, overall id give the product a 9.5 of 10.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:32:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Wilson Combat/Scattergun Flathead safty is compatible and I understand that Hans Vang is doing a flat one. The problem is with the mushroom-style big head safeties. There is no safe way to use them and any modifications to the stock in an effort ot accommodate them would be highly dangerous to the shooter. Please don't try.

CaCrusin

www.knoxx.com

Thanks for the info I have a Flathead safety...and I going to check it before I run any ammo though it first.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:22:35 PM EDT
[#23]
100%.. I have one on a mossy590 that sees regular 3-gun usage, just watch out firing prone with a sidesaddle.. your nose is in range....
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:34:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Anybody put one of the 870 models on the Norinco clone?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:34:44 PM EDT
[#25]
I very strongly dislike pistol grips on my social shotguns.  Just never could take to 'em.  I would rather spend that money on shortening the stock an inch and installing a nice recoil pad like the Pachmayr Sporting Clays pad.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:51:58 AM EDT
[#26]
I have the folder with the rubber forend and like both a lot. I plan on picking up a specops stock for the shotgun that I have inbound.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:47:50 PM EDT
[#27]
I have both the spec-ops and the cop-stock on two 870s.  Both work very well for absorbing recoil back into the body.  However I have noticed that the specops stock beats my cheek up a lot.  I read on the web site I have to choke down on the stock and move further from the rear sight.  This is sort of strange considering I don't have these issues with normal stocks.  I still like it, but I'm not accustomed to being so far down the stock.  Any comments?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:00:02 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I have both the spec-ops and the cop-stock on two 870s.  Both work very well for absorbing recoil back into the body.  However I have noticed that the specops stock beats my cheek up a lot.  I read on the web site I have to choke down on the stock and move further from the rear sight.  This is sort of strange considering I don't have these issues with normal stocks.  I still like it, but I'm not accustomed to being so far down the stock.  Any comments?

What you are experiencing is called "cheek slap" and is caused by a stock that is too short. You will experience it on any stock that is too short, regardless of maker. It is more obvious on the SpecOps because the majority of the recoil is removed and your attention is refocused from your shoulder to your cheek. The simple solution is to move your head back an inch. We recommend that you start with  the stock fully expended and then click in until it feels comfortable adn there is no cheek slap. It is a small matter to retrain to be an inch further back compared with not having to deal with the recoil.

CaCrusin

www.knoxx.com
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:21:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Just tried one of these the other day.  I am not recoil sensetive so considered the Knoxx SpecOps stock a frivolity.  Well, I changed my mind with the first shot.

WOW!  Is this nice.  Fired a friendss Mossy w/Knoxx installed.  On the move latterally firing a short string of shots against multiple targets and was very favorably impressed.  Recoil is all but gone (relatively speaking...) and the recoil is straight back into your shoulder, not up, so follow up shots were very quick.  Sights settled back to target right away as the gun didn't move up and off line with targets like normal stocked SG would.

In the process of getting one for my 590 now.  Those that poo-poo this stock prob never fired one.  If you did fire one and still think it unnessesary, you must be a monster to control the SG w/full power loads without the Knoxx as well as you could with the stock.

Definitely worth the $100-ish.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:07:24 PM EDT
[#30]
I have one mounted on my Mossberg 500.
I also have the Vang oversized safety, I have no issues at all.

I don't have a problem shooting 12 gauge, I like the Knoxx because it looks good and I can make the stock shorter.

Now will you make one for the M3 Benelli please.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:46:18 PM EDT
[#31]
I recently tried mine out for the first time on my 870 - cheek slap is a reality. I'm not sure if I like it or not...

Still a big difference between 00 buck and slugs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top