Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2006 9:41:17 AM EDT
I want to add some ammo storage to my Remington 870P MAX buttstock.  I don't want a speedfeed stock.  I'm looking to hold about 6 shells back there.  I'd also like to avoid too many straps and buckles if possible.  Could you guys suggest anything?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:25:49 AM EDT
[#1]
If you don't want the Speedfeed stock that holds shells, the only other choice is to use one of the neoprene slip-on shell holders like this one on the buttstock

Or you could go with a receiver mounted one like this

The frst style is aveailble just about anywhere and made by a few different manufactures.  The second style is available from Tacstar, Mesa Tactical and maybe a few others.

Or if you just didn't like the Speedfeed, then Chaote makes this one

HTH  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:47:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Or you can buy the tacstar shell holder by itself w/out the the plate that mounts to the receiver.  It comes w/ 6 screws that you mount to the stock.  You can mount it anywhere on the stock & you have 5 shells ready to go.

Here's a link:     http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=846516
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:12:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I use this in conjunction with my sling. However you can get it as a stand alone just get it with the adapter. I like it because it uses elastic bands inside the pouch and when those wear out you still have a secure pouch since it has a velco closure cover.
http://www.spectergear.com/shotgun_bsp.htm
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:01:28 AM EDT
[#4]
If you get a neoprene or nylon stock shell holder, make sure you do something to make it stay in place.  I have a neoprene shell holder on my 20ga Mossberg 500, and I put tape around either end of it, and used a heated nail to poke a hole through the lower back end of the sleeve, then put the rear sling swivel through the hole.  It's not going anywhere.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:36:47 AM EDT
[#5]
ATI makes a shell holder that attaches to any stock.
www.atigunstocks.com/installation/SHO0500-install.html

I've got them installed on several guns; they work well

I even have one attached to a Choate Varmint stock (the stock at the bottom of the pic)

You did say you wanted 6 round storage.  As you can see, these hold 5.  These are easy to install and they don break the bank (around $11).

2guntom

454 Casull +
AntiAmerican
Destruction
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:43:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Or you can buy the tacstar shell holder by itself w/out the the plate that mounts to the receiver.  It comes w/ 6 screws that you mount to the stock.  You can mount it anywhere on the stock & you have 5 shells ready to go.

Here's a link:     www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=846516

You said "Tac-Star".  We are talking about the same thing.  That isn't a Tac-Star, that's the ATI (Advanced Technology) stock mounted shotshell holder.  Thanks for the link.  I do recommend Midway over most other retailers.  The price is $12.89, not $11.  My bad.

2guntom

454 Casull +
AntiAmerican
Destruction
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top