Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2006 7:04:48 AM EDT
I looked on their website but didnt see it, but someone told me about it.  They called it a race gun.

Anyone know?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:13:11 AM EDT
[#1]
11-87 with mag extension?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:34:53 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
11-87 with mag extension?

Most likely this is what my friend was talking about, but he said it was 8-shot stock.  I'm doubtful it really exist, but thought I'd ask because it sounds like a shotgun I would want.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:38:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like the Remington 1100 Competition Master. Found one here. I couldn't find it on Remington's website, guess they were discontinued, which is a shame as I kind of had my eye on them. They were designed with three gun competition in mind, as I recall.

A similar alternative would be the Remington Law Enforcement 11-87.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:43:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sounds like the Remington 1100 Competition Master. Found one here. I couldn't find it on Remington's website, guess they were discontinued, which is a shame as I kind of had my eye on them. They were designed with three gun competition in mind, as I recall.

+1

Stoped production in 2004 if I remember correctly

I like mine.  I did talk to a Remington Rep and he thought that Remington might do a "Special Production" of them every so often, like a limited edition thing.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:39:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

A similar alternative would be the Remington Law Enforcement 11-87.

That must be it.   Hmmm. looks like I'll have to search around for one when I get the cash.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:26:10 PM EDT
[#6]
There is also an 11-87 "Sportsman" HD, if you can find one.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:15:12 PM EDT
[#7]
So I did a little more looking and I found this review which is glowing www.gunmuse.com/Reviews/Remington%201100%20Competition%20Master%20and%20Mockup, but it included the fooked quote from Remington.

The Remington 1100 Competition Master is not being manufacture this year for reasons quoted to us by Remington's Eddie Stevenson. " The Competition Model flew off the shelves but what caught us off guard was who was buying, home defense users, and not the Three-Gun shooters. In light of that we decided to pause and 'rethink' the line."   I posed the question the; "Who cares who is buying your gun are you not just happy that its selling?".  "We set out a commitment to the competition shooter with this product line and Remington likes to leads from the front of the pack", Eddie Stevenson claimed " and we expect the reintroduction of our competition shotgun line to do just that."

I wanted this gun for self-defense -- I'm a little disappointed that remington pulled it.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:20:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So I did a little more looking and I found this review which is glowing www.gunmuse.com/Reviews/Remington%201100%20Competition%20Master%20and%20Mockup, but it included the fooked quote from Remington.

The Remington 1100 Competition Master is not being manufacture this year for reasons quoted to us by Remington's Eddie Stevenson. " The Competition Model flew off the shelves but what caught us off guard was who was buying, home defense users, and not the Three-Gun shooters. In light of that we decided to pause and 'rethink' the line."   I posed the question the; "Who cares who is buying your gun are you not just happy that its selling?".  "We set out a commitment to the competition shooter with this product line and Remington likes to leads from the front of the pack", Eddie Stevenson claimed " and we expect the reintroduction of our competition shotgun line to do just that."

I wanted this gun for self-defense -- I'm a little disappointed that remington pulled it.

I may be reading too much into it, but it sounds like Remington didn't like what their shotgun was being used for. Are they scared that it may tarnish their image?

Anyway, I want one of those 11-87s also. I had made up my mind to get a pump, but I think I'd rather have a semi-auto. I sure can't afford one of those uber-cool Benellis however.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:32:04 AM EDT
[#9]
remington dosnt seem like the type to worry to much about who uses there guns and why.(i hope)
is there any indication of it comeing back out next year.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:34:32 AM EDT
[#10]
so they were selling like hotcakes and Remington didn't like that people were buyng them for home defense?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:40:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:38:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
so they were selling like hotcakes and Remington didn't like that people were buyng them for home defense?

One way to read that is "none of the competition guys were buying it".  Consider this statement:

"We set out a commitment to the competition shooter with this product line and Remington likes to leads from the front of the pack", Eddie Stevenson claimed " and we expect the reintroduction of our competition shotgun line to do just that."
Sounds to me like it'll come back with mods to make it more "game-friendly" in hopes that actual competitors will use it.  What that might do to the suitability for home defense I don't know.  Depends on the mods I guess.  I also don't know what they're going to change, since what I've read makes it sound like the things that the top competitors that have switched away from Rem. for are inherent to the design and not easily changed.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:53:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top