Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2006 10:34:56 PM EDT
Has anyone ordered the quad rail they have, which apparently is made by Badger......How is the quality compared to SureFire. They said that it measures 5.5 in. long, is that shorter than the SureFire?

Also, what are peoples opinions about the Side Saddles.....4 shot or 6 shot.....Tac-star or Mesa.......?

I have a Rem 870 18in with 2 shot extension

Also what do you guys use to clean your barrels.......Rod.....BoreSnake....etc?

Thank you!

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:31:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I have no experience with rails on shotguns but you might also want to compare the ones you mentioned with the the product sold by Sidearmor.  Here is a link: http://www.sidearmor.com/cart/catalog/category_8_Shotgun_Equipment_page_1.html

I had a TacStar six round side saddle and now have a Mesa Tactical six round side saddle.  For me, the Mesa Tactical product is worth the extra $30 because it allows me to access the rounds more quickly and more smoothly.  It is also less bulky and just plain looks better.  You'll have to run your own cost/benefit analysis to determine which you will buy.

Mesa Tactical does sell an eight round side saddle but I didn't want to make my shotgun too heavy as that will decrease manuverability.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:56:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I think i may have read a post by you in another thread regarding the Mesa side saddle. That is actually what made me aware of their side saddle.

I'll admit it, i was going to order a side saddle, quad rail, and AR stock adaptor from Wilson Combat cause i've heard that they are a top notch company. But before i did, and thankfully, I researched a little and found out that half the stuff they sell for shotguns isnt even their product....Quad rail is made by Badger Ordance.......Side Saddle is made my Tac-Star........and AR stock adaptor is made my TSA.......I just want something that is going to be quality......Price is really a mute point
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:55:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Or......Should i hold off on getting anything, and wait until after SHOT show?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top