Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 8:15:58 PM EDT
I'm quite pleased.  Loved my express, but this is REAL LOVE!

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:39:45 PM EDT
[#1]
How long is the barrel?  

I'm asking because it appears that Remington has made a change of some sort.
The standard factory Police barrels were either 18" or 20" and I mean 18" or 20" EXACTLY.

I notice that on your gun the magazine extension is even with the muzzle, where on older guns it always sticks out about 1/2" beyond the muzzle.  

The old guns had the extension nose cap sticking out because it was originally for a bayonet mount.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:33:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Eighteen!  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:16:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice shotty, I've run a few like rented mules through some courses, and they just flat out shoot nice.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:01:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Very nice.  I almost forgot what mine used to look like (before I added a SureFire and Speedfeed stock to it)!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:07:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How long is the barrel?  

I'm asking because it appears that Remington has made a change of some sort.
The standard factory Police barrels were either 18" or 20" and I mean 18" or 20" EXACTLY.

I notice that on your gun the magazine extension is even with the muzzle, where on older guns it always sticks out about 1/2" beyond the muzzle.  

The old guns had the extension nose cap sticking out because it was originally for a bayonet mount.

I wanna know too.

My 2 shot factory extention droops a little on mine.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:10:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I like
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:17:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got one similar, but with a 20" barrel and walnut stock.  I replaced the bead with a tritium bead, and had a Pachmayr Decelerator pad installed, and replaced the safety with a Scattergun Technologies big head.  I'm thinking about getting the barrel Vang Comped.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:38:17 PM EDT
[#8]
How much was that, and where did you get it, if you don't mind me asking? Nice gun :)
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:30:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all the kind words fellas!  To answer your questions, I got it at a shop called Vandalia Tactical in Vandalia Oh.  The marked price was $521.  Did a little bargaining and he knocked it down to $467.29.  Oddly enough, it was $500.00 after adding sales tax.  

The Remmy stock number of the weapon is 4407.  It is billed as having a 18" IC barrel.  Measuring with a dowel down the bore to a closed bolt it measures 18.5".  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:31:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I like it.  I have mossbergs but I am interested in getting a Remmington....

Max
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:35:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I like it.  I have mossbergs but I am interested in getting a Remmington....

Max

Look @ CDNN. They are selling the REM. police Secret Service overruns. Rifle sights & many extras...$550ish. Great deal. -Justin
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:14:24 PM EDT
[#12]
"Measuring with a dowel down the bore to a closed bolt it measures 18.5"."

AHA, this means Remington is now making the Police with an 18 1/2" barrel so the extender will be even with the muzzle.

This is a major change, since Remington has used an EXACTLY 18" barrel since 1950 on the police guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top