Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2006 7:03:11 PM EDT
I got a 590A1 and Speedfeed stock which I am trying to install.  However, the stock  bolt (which goes inside the stock itself) from Speedfeed does not fit the Mossberg.  It seems that the bolt is too small to catch the thread.  I also see the different that the original factory Mossberg bolt is bigger.    Does anyone have this problem?    BTW, I received this replacement stock bolt  from Speedfeed Inc directly. I am wondering if my 590A1 was NOT designed for any aftermarket acc.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:22:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Will the original Mossy bolt work ? If not, find some threaded rod of the correct size at Home Depot, and Red Loctite a nut at one end to make a replacement bolt.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:21:15 AM EDT
[#2]
The original stock bolt from  Mossy is too short to reach the receiver once installed  in the Speedfeed stock.   Does any one w/ M590A1 w/ tactical Speedfeed stock (featured pistol grip w/ shell holders) encounter this problem?  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:25:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't have an A1, but that shouldn't matter for the stock. Mine came factory but it can be a little tricky to line up the threads when you put it on.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I would take the gun apart and take the reciver to a hardware store and buy one that is big enough. If you can't find one then find a threaded rod and put that in and then put a nut with a washer on the rear of it.

Would you be able to post a picture of your forend in this post or my other one. I'm trying to see if arizona gun runners is sending me the right part. The picture they always show you online doesn't mean it's what the part is sapose to look like.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:59:47 AM EDT
[#5]
13thW...Which forearm are you looking for?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:09:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I HAVE THE SAME FRIGGIN PROBLEM! The stock bolt from speedfeed is too skinny to catch the threads on the receiver and the original 590 stock bolt is too short for the speedfeed. I was thinking of cutting the head off the original and welding an extension onto it. I think i'll take it to the hardware store to see if I can match it up with a longer one before I cut it.
Dang, I though it was a freak occurance and I was the only one with this problem. Glad to see I'm not alone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top