Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2006 4:54:35 PM EDT
I was minding my own business a couple months ago, trolling the used rack at a local fun shop and picked up a fairly used Mossy 500 riot gun. The best I can figure is that it was an older police turn in. It didn't look the prettiest and had certainly seen some stock abuse but the price was right at about $150. I took the poor orphan home, gave it a detailed stripping and cleaning and found that it was mechanically in great shape and just needed some TLC and a new stock.  I've wanted to try a Knoxx stock for a while but I really like the factory stock on my 590A1 and my Maverick 88 is a beater that I wouldn't put the money into. This project seemed like a perfect opportunity. Installing the stock took less than a minute and we were good to go.

I had a mixed bag of 2 3/4 00 Buck, slugs, entry rounds and low-recoil tactical rounds. The shotgun performed flawlessly but the stock was AWESOME !! Recoil was still stout but much more managable. I fired almost 100 rounds and my shoulder wasn't nearly as sore as it would have been if I had been firing my 590A1.  

I may have to rethink replacing the stock on my 590A1 with one of the Knoxx stocks after all.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:46:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Dumb question about the Knoxx stocks for you:

There isn't room for a side saddle shellholder to fit with the stock folded-is that correct?

I've got an old Mossie 500 I want to change stocks on but would hate to lose the side saddle.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:42:57 PM EDT
[#2]
That's about the only down-side I could see from it. There isn't room for a side saddle. I have a vest set up for shotgun so I really don't need the side saddle. Valid point though for those who do.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for confirming that. It didn't look like it would but I wanted to ask some
real end user first.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top