Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 4:22:03 PM EDT
Seems like a good semi auto shotgun but I haven't seen many posted here.

anyone own one here?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:09:46 AM EDT
[#1]
oh yeah. best shotgun around. cycles faster than the bellini at < a quarter of the price! it's based on the ak action as well, so it's incredibly reliable and rugged.

here's some of the artwork that can be done with these platforms (tromix firearms - one of the leaders in the s12 world).

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:56:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Dang, those are shotguns?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:08:04 AM EDT
[#3]
yep, standard 12 guage with an adjustable gas piston for regular and magnum rounds.

these are made by a company called tromix. the short barrels have modified gas ports to adjust for the short barrels. the mags are standard saiga 8 rounders but they're kinda hard to find. the regular s12 usually comes with a 5 rounder and there's a guy getting ready to come out with 10 rounders for about $40/ea...a huge improvement over the $200+ you might have to pay for oem saiga mags!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:40:51 AM EDT
[#4]
The problem finding cheap mags is the reason that I've avoided them.  Even at $40, that's pretty expensive.  I guess I've been spoiled by the ARs and Glocks.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:06:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The problem finding cheap mags is the reason that I've avoided them.  Even at $40, that's pretty expensive.  I guess I've been spoiled by the ARs and Glocks.  

Well its not clear what the new prices will be but the cost difference between a S12 and any other semiauto 12 ga can pay for a couple of mags.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:46:55 AM EDT
[#6]
In those pictures:

18" barrel, 12.5" barrel, 10" (.410 gauge), 8" prototype.

Tromix does some cool stuff as you can see. He angles the rear of the receiver back straight to fix the stock angle, forward rail, G3 sights, top picatinny rail (not shown), etc. etc.

The 12.5" is missing the flashlight in this picture though. It goes on the top of the barrel in front of the front sight. The two on the right have not been refinished.

Back in the day, CDNN was selling unconverted 22" full chokes for $229 shipped.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:06:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Howdy,
                      Tony aka Tromix does some great conversions on the S-12s. PM or email me and I will hook you up with a few Super Saiga Siteshis                    

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b199/Jailbird123/s12_3.jpg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top